Hardware companies are preparing for the future launch of Microsoft's Windows OS on Arm but have differing views of what kinds of devices the OS will actually go into.
An Intel executive on Friday said that its Light Peak interconnect technology, designed to link PCs to devices like displays and external storage, is ready for implementation.
One Laptop Per Child (OLPC) showed off the next version of its famous laptops on Thursday at the International Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, saying the new price-per laptop has been reduced to US$165 each and power consumption has been slas...
Sprint Nextel will sell a WiMax version of the Research In Motion PlayBook tablet beginning this summer, the companies announced on Thursday at the International Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.
Samsung hinted that it may make announcements about a phone running a dual-core processor, new tablets including some running Honeycomb and new Windows Phone 7 models at Mobile World Congress in February.
Intel on Thursday defended its Intel Insider feature in the latest Sandy Bridge PC chips, which secures streaming of high-definition movies from online movie services to PCs.
Almost a year to the day since Polaroid said it was signing on Lady Gaga as its creative director, the popular singer unveiled on Thursday the fruits of her labor at the imaging company.
All the world may be agog over the iPad and its Android-powered competitors, but a new class of tablets is emerging that's made of tougher stuff. They're rugged tablets, and they've been spotted both at CES and beyond.
Intel expects the next version of Google's popular mobile software, Android 3.0, or Honeycomb, to be ready for use with its Atom microprocessors.
Verizon Wireless will introduce Cisco's Cius tablet for its fast LTE mobile broadband network in the spring of 2011, and the companies will also offer LTE interfaces for Cisco's second-generation Integrated Services Router for small and medium-size b...
At CES in Las Vegas, Olympus got off to a hot start by announcing two new digital cameras that are among the most interesting we've seen at the show so far. The fixed-lens Olympus XZ-1 is a high-end pocket camera that offers full manual controls and ...
Sony launched a duo of thin laptops at the Consumer Electronics Show on Wednesday that offer a more affordable alternative to Apple's MacBook Air. The new Vaio S and Y portables start at $900 and $550, respectively. And although they cost less than ...
Intel today formally unveiled its line of Sandy Bridge chips at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, taking the wraps off a family of Core processors that includes dozens of new chips, with more to follow later this year.
Gigabyte Technology on Thursday released a series of high-speed motherboards designed to let more applications run at once, without losing speed, and to convert video 10 times faster than normal.
Microsoft said Wednesday that the next version of its Windows PC operating system will run on Arm processors, part of an effort to adapt Windows to the fast-growing market for tablet computers, where Apple and Google have gained traction.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Optus offers unlimited data for new home broadband bundles
- Kogan Mobile upgrades to 4G network
- Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- MIT uses 4D maps to help robot teams navigate moving obstacles
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- FTTrading System QAAsia
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital/Financial ServicesNSW
- CCSolution Architect / Data ArchitectNSW
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer(IBM DB2/WebSphere)160419/STSE/vmtAsia
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- CCJava Developer - multiple opportunitiesNSW
- CCInfra Project Manager-Data Center, Cloud, Storage, NetworkNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystSA
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCApplication Migration ArchitectACT
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- CCUser Experience ExpertVIC
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- CCAccount Manager - Software Solutions - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCFull Stack Developer - Java - Blue Chip CompanyNSW
- FTService Coordinator/Scheduler | IT Managed Service ProviderVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- CCICT Project Manager - Contact Centre/Telephony FocusNSW
- CCSenior Analyst, Applications - GDWVIC
- CCSenior Financial Crime AnalystVIC
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - Payroll IntegrationVIC
- CCNV2 - System Administration / Application SupportACT