The U.S. drone industry wants government regulations for private and commercial use of the remote-controlled devices as a way to ensure airspace safety, the head of a trade group says.
Center for Strategic and International Studies
Computer-related crimes may cause as much as US$400 billion in losses annually, according to a new study that acknowledges the difficulty in estimating damages from such acts, most of which go unreported.
Cyberattacks on U.S. networks by other nations may not always demand the same level of retaliation, and only attacks that cause major damage or loss of life should prompt similar responses, a group of national security experts said Wednesday.
The U.S. government should look to incentives as a way to encourage businesses to adopt better cybersecurity practices, instead of creating mandates, recommends a new paper from four trade groups and a civil liberties group.
The CEOs of IBM and Dell have called on U.S. government leaders to put aside their differences and create a long-term agenda to promote innovation and improve the country's competitive stature in the world.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- Smartwatches wear out their welcome with Motorola
- The mysteries of the GPU in Apple's iPhone 7 are unlocked
- Apple reportedly betting on drones and indoor data to make Maps better
- Apple now takes your old Apple Watch for free recycling
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSystem EngineerNSW
- CCSystems Analyst - Web Services.NSW
- CCJava Developer/ Web DesginerNSW
- FTOracle IDM R1/R2 Implementation SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Network ConsultantVIC
- CCIT Systems AnalystVIC
- FTSenior WebSphere Portal Technical LeadACT
- FTInfrastructure Solutions EngineerVIC
- FTSenior / Lead UX DesignerNSW
- CCWeb Optimisation AnalystWA
- CCApplication Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer).ACT
- CCLevel 1 Help Desk - Immediate Start!QLD
- CCSecurity EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Solutions Architect - CloudNSW
- CCSAP CRM Technical LeadACT
- CCPerformance Test AnalystOther
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- TPBI DeveloperSA
- FTHead of User ResearchNSW
- CCService Design SpecialistNSW
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerQLD
- FTSENIOR DEVELOPERQLD
- TPMid Level Frontend DeveloperNSW
- CCERP Benefits ManagerNSW
- CCVideo Conferencing - PABX , Cisco, Polycom and Nortel/AvaNSW