At a splashy press event at CES in Las Vegas, Toshiba trotted out its latest and greatest HDTV, the Cell TV, with its companion media center set-top box.
Toshiba will soon unveil its first television based on the Cell processor, the same multimedia chip that sits at the heart of the PlayStation 3 games console.
A prototype device due to be shown in Tokyo Wednesday may give laptop computers a better shot at performing heavy-duty video processing.
Toshiba's development of a TV based on the Cell processor is on schedule and due to be launched in about six months, the company said Tuesday.
October began, as it always does, with Japan's biggest electronics show: Ceatec. The show attracted a little over 196,000 visitors who got a chance to see the best of the Japanese electronics industry, including some exciting new prototypes of device...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple offers views on automated car policy, but cagey about its plans
- Watch Dogs 2 review: A fresh, interesting rebirth that ditches the stale Ubisoft formula
- How to shoot a drone out of the sky
- Report: Microsoft's Home Hub will chase Amazon's Echo as a software service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPSharePoint DeveloperACT
- FTInfrastructure EngineerQLD
- CCAPI DeveloperNSW
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- TPJava Developer - ContractQLD
- CCSQL Data and Reporting AnalystNSW
- CCService Desk OfficerQLD
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Software EngineerACT
- CCSenior Technical LeadVIC
- CCIT Specialist - Application Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer)ACT
- FTTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)ACT
- FTQuality and Testing Assurance SpecialistSA
- FTCommercial Senior Financial Planner - MelbourneVIC
- FTProject Manager-accommodation strategy and ABW implementationVIC
- FTInformation Management and Data Services ManagerVIC
- FTLevel 3 Managed Services ConsultantNSW
- FTPrincipal Product Manager | Cloud | Managed ServicesNSW
- CCSoftware TesterNSW
- CCNight Shift Service Desk AnalystNSW
- CCDevelopment Lead - JavaNSW
- FTEnd Point Security AdministratorACT
- CCApplication Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer).ACT
- TPSenior PMO AnalystNSW