Ceatec, showcased many new technologies and prototype gadgets. We take you through our favourite tech products.
ceatec 2009 in pictures
Choosing and buying clothes via a mobile phone is getting easier in Japan with the launch of a new service that allows shoppers to simulate an outfit before they buy.
The number of visitors to Ceatec, Japan's largest consumer electronics exhibition, fell by roughly a quarter compared to last year, organizers said on Sunday.
Japan's QD Laser has developed a compact green laser that could energize the market for high-definition micro-projectors.
As mobile phones add more features and more users connect with social media, the cell phone becomes a more important part of people's lives. Japanese carrier KDDI has developed a robot companion that seeks to bridge the gap between a phone and its us...
TDK has developed a prototype optical disc that can hold up to 320GB of information -- that's more than six times the current highest-capacity media available.
Japanese mobile operator NTT DoCoMo's Throw Mail application for Android-based smartphones lets users literally throw e-mail messages to their friends instead of simply pressing the send button.
Japan's biggest electronics and gadgets show, Ceatec, runs all of next week and many new technologies and prototype gadgets are expected to be on show.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Dell XPS 15 vs. MacBook Pro 15: Fight!
- The SteelSeries Qck Prism is the first dual-sided RGB mousepad
- Nvidia's offering three free VR games if you buy a GTX 10 Series card and an Oculus Rift + Touch
- Call of Duty: WWII returns the series to Normandy and Germany on November 3
- Don't install the Windows 10 Creators Update on your own, Microsoft advises
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBusiness Development ManagerACT
- CCSAP ISU Device Management ConsultantVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- FTProject Manager- RiskSA
- FTIT Service Desk Manager - Team LeaderNSW
- FTICT Relationship Manager - Service Delivery EnvironmentNSW
- TPWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTMobile Studio Manager/ Mobile UX Manager - GAME CHANGER!NSW
- FTDeveloper / Junior Solution DesignerQLD
- TPSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCTraining Lead - TelcoVIC
- FTSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- TPPHP Developer - Immediate startQLD
- TPProject Support AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst - Qld Health - Short term contractQLD
- FTTechnical Business AnalystACT
- CCService Delivery Analyst - Port MacquarieNSW
- CCUser ResearchNSW
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- FTDesktop Support/ Field Services EngineerQLD
- FTOracle E-Business Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior Test Analyst - Gov & Remedy/Service Now backgroundNSW
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- CCPlatform Engineer - DevOpsVIC