Alcatel-Lucent reported a drop in revenue during the third quarter, but the company still made a €194 million (US$268 million) profit. However, the future looks murky, the company said on Friday.
Satellite-LTE carrier LightSquared will be "the dumbest broadband wireless pipe," CEO Sanjiv Ahuja told a conference on Wednesday, warmly embracing a role that traditional mobile operators have rejected in varying degrees.
The Coalition to Save Our GPS challenged LightSquared's forecasts that the FCC will be able to resolve the controversy over the company's planned cellular network by the end of this year, using a conference call with reporters on Thursday to slam the...
Sprint Nextel and Clearwire plan to make their future LTE networks work together and are working on a commercial agreement under which Sprint would use Clearwire's network for extra capacity.
The Apple iPhone is attracting more new subscribers than expected to Sprint Nextel, and it will probably ease rather than worsen congestion on the carrier's 3G network, Sprint executives said as they announced third-quarter results on Wednesday.
All-you-can-eat data ran up against booming demand this week as Sprint Nextel became the last big U.S. carrier to end unlimited mobile broadband plans. But those unlimited plans may come back -- some day.
Orange and China Telecom have signed a partnership agreement that allows users to access their respective networks, both Wi-Fi and VPN, the French operator said Wednesday.
Neustar is acquiring privately owned Targusinfo for approximately US$650 million in cash in a bid to expand its real-time information and analytics services, it said on Tuesday.
Indian Minister for Communications Kapil Sibal announced a new draft telecommunication policy on Monday, aiming to give preference to domestic manufacturers of equipment, with an eye to reducing the country's import bill and ensuring the security of ...
India's top investigative agency, the Central Bureau of Investigation, said Monday that it has registered a case against former federal minister Dayanidhi Maran, in connection with ongoing investigations into alleged scams in the Ministry of Communic...
LightSquared may take legal action if it is denied permission to build its planned LTE network because of concerns over interference between that network and GPS, an executive said Monday.
Large telecommunications companies must stop using copper-network pricing as a barrier to deploying fiber networks, or Europe will not meet its broadband targets, said the digital agenda commissioner on Monday.
Europe's Digital Agenda Commissioner Neelie Kroes on Monday took a swipe at her home country of the Netherlands for unilaterally introducing a so-called net neutrality law.
French operator Orange has expanded its cloud computing portfolio with Flexible SSL, a remote access service that allows users to connect with enterprise resources securely, it said on Monday.
An Android-based smartphone developed for NTT DoCoMo's subscribers by Sharp will make its way to Orange's customers in France, marking the first time an overseas operator rolls out a smartphone from the Japanese operator, the two said on Thursday.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple offers views on automated car policy, but cagey about its plans
- Watch Dogs 2 review: A fresh, interesting rebirth that ditches the stale Ubisoft formula
- How to shoot a drone out of the sky
- Report: Microsoft's Home Hub will chase Amazon's Echo as a software service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPSenior Test AnalystQLD
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterQLD
- CCSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP PM/ MRS ConsultantVIC
- FTJava / API DeveloperVIC
- FTIdentity Management Team LeaderQLD
- CCSenior UX/UI Designer (Mobile)NSW
- CCMaximo Consultant - Asset ManagementVIC
- FTEnterprise Architect - BusinessQLD
- TPMicrosoft BI DeveloperWA
- FTIT Software Asset Management CoordinatorWA
- CCJava DeveloperNSW
- TPBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- FTFinancial AnalystNSW
- FTProject Manager-accommodation strategy and ABW implementationVIC
- TPSHAREPOINT SPECIALISTQLD
- FTSolution Architect - Application IntegrationQLD
- FTHead - Project Delivery / Project Delivery DirectorACT
- FTInfrastructure and Data Centre Support OfficerACT
- CCSenior Security Analyst | 6mth ContractQLD
- CCSuperannuation Fund AdministratorVIC
- CCWindows Systems Engineer - AD, VMware, RedHat experienceNSW
- FTProject Manager - Community Transport SolutionsNSW
- FTNode.js/API DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Systems Analyst/Salesforce Developer APEXNSW