The largest European mobile operators are joining forces to launch their own instant messaging and content sharing applications under the "joyn" brand as they try to claw back some of traffic lost to Internet services.
Lawmakers should downsize the U.S. Federal Communications Commission by taking away its power to review mergers in the telecom industry and most of its power to pass regulations before evidence of a problem, two telecom experts said Tuesday.
A reported deal between Google and ICOA hasn't taken place, according to ICOA.
Google is paying US$400 million to acquire Wi-Fi access provider ICOA, which owns or operates over 1,500 wireless hotspots and hot zones in the U.S.
German network operator Deutsche Telekom is planning to upgrade its copper broadband network using a technology called vectoring, which will result in speeds of up to 100M bps.
Satellite service provider Dish Network has slammed the FCC's plan to let it use some of its spectrum for LTE, saying the proposal is so restrictive it could delay a network buildout for years.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission may seek to make carriers reveal how well their networks withstood major natural disasters so that consumers can compare rival providers.
Nokia Siemens Networks and Ballard Power Systems want methanol-powered fuel cells to keep mobile networks running in the event of an electricity outage and are working with NTT DoCoMo to test the technology.
NTT DoCoMo, Japan's largest mobile provider, said Friday it will soon launch the world's first femtocells to support both 3G and LTE networks.
The initial public offering of Ruckus Wireless, set for Friday, will highlight the growing importance of Wi-Fi in mobile networks as service providers try to meet the demands of smartphone and tablet users.
It already sells phones and tablets, provides a wealth of online services and has been laying high-speed fiber to people's homes. Now Google is apparently considering a wireless network service as well.
AT&T announced general availability of its Enhanced Push-to-Talk service on Tuesday, taking on Sprint's Direct Connect Now app as the carriers vie to attract users of the fading Nextel network.
Anyone who finds it hard to believe that the average U.S. mobile subscriber sent 696 text messages per month in the second quarter of this year may be relieved to know that this figure fell to 678 per month in the third quarter.
Federal initiatives to make more spectrum available for mobile services are likely to take off running after President Barack Obama's re-election on Tuesday, a member of a presidential technology commission said.
AT&T has agreed to pay US$700,000 and refund certain customers said to have been overcharged on smartphone plans, after the Federal Communications Commission found that some customers were moved to more expensive monthly plans without their consent.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 3 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 4 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
- 5 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple Maps tunnel navigation can be dangerous
- Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- Hackers have a treasure trove of data with the Yahoo breach
- The so-called Universal Stylus Initiative launches without the three biggest players
- Facebook, Twitter, YouTube get in on presidential debates
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- CCWAN Architect and ConsultantWA
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW