Need something to watch on a flight? You can download an episode of your favorite show in less than a minute and a half on Verizon Wireless at Atlanta's airport -- or spend 13 hours doing the same over T-Mobile USA at Los Angeles International.
AT&T's acquisition of DirecTV appears headed for approval, with Tom Wheeler, chairman of the Federal Communications Commission circulating to commissioners an order recommending approval, although with some conditions.
Carriers around the world are converging on 2017 as the year to turn off their GSM networks, with three operators in Singapore announcing Monday their plans to reuse their GSM spectrum for other services.
It's been two years since Google first disclosed Project Loon, and while the company continues to keep most details of the project secret, the technology and challenges behind it are slowly coming into focus.
The mobile industry is trying to shoot down another law requiring cellphone radiation warnings.
Charter Communications has confirmed it plans to acquire of Time Warner Cable, a deal that if approved would create the second-biggest cable operator in the U.S.
Several European telcos have come out against a scheme by their fellow operators to block advertising as a maneuver to force Google to share its revenue.
Indian online retailer Flipkart has abandoned a plan to give customers of mobile operator Bharti Airtel free access to its mobile app after criticism that the move posed a threat to net neutrality.
Faced with a highly competitive market, U.S. wireless operator Sprint is now offering to deliver and set up phones, tablets and other connected devices for free at homes, offices and other locations chosen by the customer.
By using more spectrum and developing new ways to send multiple channels of data at the same time, researchers at Bell Labs are working to increase bandwidths over fiber, copper and the air.
Hutchison Whampoa has agreed to acquire U.K. mobile operator O2 for a price that could top US$15 billion, giving a company that already owns one major carrier an even bigger share of the British market.
T-Mobile's CEO says he's confident that upcoming net neutrality rules won't mean an end to the carrier's "Music Freedom" promotion that allows unrestricted music streaming from certain sites.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has fined Verizon US$3.4 million over its failure to notify police and fire departments during a 911 service outage last year.
Google's ambitious plans to provide Internet access to remote areas via solar-powered drones are getting ready to take off.
VMware has jumped into the hot NFV market with a platform that lets service providers run their network functions as virtualized applications from different vendors.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's pricey Surface Book is getting stomped by the ancient Surface Pro 3
- Android TV's universal search feature finally works with Netflix
- Facebook takes on critics with political bias class
- Kodi dives into hardware with a Raspberry Pi 3 case perfect for low-cost HTPCs
- What iOS 10 can tell us about the new iPhone
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160621/P/866Asia
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW
- CCProject Manager - IT SecurityNSW
- CCSAP ABAP - Senior developerVIC
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/Oracle) 160617/AP/025Asia
- CCProject Manager | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCBiztalk developerNSW
- CCSAP PI/PO ConsultantVIC
- CCJava Developer with Oracle database experience | Defence intelligence | NV1ACT
- FTEnterprise Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA / SQL) 160621/JP/224Asia
- FTData Center Operator (1-Year Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCMaster Scheduler - IT Infrastructure ProgramsNSW
- CCRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- CCTechnical Content ProducerVIC
- FTPractice Lead - InsuranceNSW
- FTTechnical Lead - Tier 1 Customer interfaceACT
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCSystem AnalystACT
- CCSolution Architect - PayrollNSW
- FTMobile DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCEnvironment Manager - POSVIC