Anyone who dreads hearing one end of a loud phone call all the way from Anchorage to Miami, take heart: The plan to allow cellphones on planes could fail in more ways than an overbooked flight at a snowbound airport on Christmas Eve.
LTE is simultaneously being pushed forward on several fronts, and the result for users will be faster networks, better coverage and the ability to access networks while travelling abroad.
Nokia's is rebooting its U.S. Windows Phone push with the arrival of the low-cost Lumia 521 on T-Mobile and Lumia 928 for Verizon Wireless, but increasing sales to meaningful volumes in the very competitive U.S. market will not be easy.
Operators and telecom equipment vendors are showing a growing interest in small cells, which aim to give users improved coverage and speeds.
More subscribers, networks with better coverage and devices that can be used in more countries are converging to make LTE roaming a more viable proposition, with some operators already offering such services on a limited scale and more on the way.
A number of different technologies are being developed or improved to offer higher speeds for fixed and mobile broadband networks, as operators are preparing to compete with each other and carry video traffic in 3D and at higher resolutions, which is...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's vision for LinkedIn is about tying its business data into Office and other services
- Facebook's Year in Review for 2016 isn't just fun and games
- AMD's Radeon Software Crimson ReLive debuts with features galore
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTTSM SpecialistNSW
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- FTUI DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Wealth ManagementNSW
- FTFull Stack PHP DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Projects Engineer | Systems Integration and IT Managed ServicesNSW
- PTSenior Software Engineer Developer | 6mthsSA
- FTPerformance TesterNSW
- FTPrincipal Product Manager | Cloud | Managed ServicesNSW
- TPXamarin DeveloperQLD
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkQLD
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- TPApplications Project ManagerQLD
- FTDesktop Delivery Team LeaderVIC
- FTSupport EngineerNSW
- FTITIL Service ManagerVIC
- CCApplication Specialist (Cerner) - Brisbane BasedNSW
- FTSOE Team LeaderWA
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderNSW
- CCWeb AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Software Engineer Developer | 6mthsVIC
- CCSenior Cisco Network EngineerWA
- CCMS Dynamics CRM Functional ConsultantQLD
- FTLevel 2/3 ConsultantNSW