On a second-floor rooftop at NASA's Ames Research Center in Silicon Valley, Abraham Ishihara opens an electrical cabinet bursting with hundreds of wires. Each wire feeds data from an adjacent array of solar panels, helping him collect detailed inform...
Recent concerns from tech luminaries about a robot apocalypse may be overblown, but artificial intelligence researchers need to start thinking about security measures as they build ever more intelligent machines, according to a group of AI experts.
The availability of really fast broadband in your neighborhood could increase your home's value by more than 3 percent.
If you feel like you need eyes in the back of your head, there's a crowdsourcing app for that.
If you miss the buttons on your old-school flip phone, researchers have developed a tactile sheath for smartphones that can open up the ways they are controlled.
Researchers have developed a connected air quality sensor that measures fine particulate matter (PM) in homes.
The U.S. Navy is experimenting with a robot designed to help fight fires on ships, but it's not nearly fast enough to be effective yet.
Uber to work on self-driving cars ... End of the line for Windows RT? ... FCC ready to propose neutral net ... and more news.
It's more spider than snake, but a robot called Snake Monster can dial up the creep factor when it crawls around on six legs.
Developers of Tor software believe they've identified a weakness that was scheduled to be revealed at the Black Hat security conference next month that could be used to de-anonymize Tor users.
A presentation on a low-budget method to unmask users of a popular online privacy tool, TOR, will no longer go ahead at the Black Hat security conference early next month.
Implementation issues with AVG Secure Search, a browser toolbar from antivirus vendor AVG Technologies that's supposed to protect users from malicious websites, could have allowed remote attackers to execute malicious code on computers.
Think about it: Who should be allowed to see photos of you drunk?
IBM and four universities are planning a research project into cognitive computing, which seeks to build computers that operate in a manner closer to the human mind.
An open-source project aims to give a rudimentary eye to robots with the help of a camera that can detect, identify and track the movement of specific objects.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Surprise! Nvidia reveals a new Pascal-powered Titan X and it looks like an utter monster
- Apple faces lawsuit over AppleCare refurbished devices not being new
- Intel experiments with 3D Xpoint as it ships out SSDs to testers
- Edward Snowden has developed an iPhone case meant to kill surveillance
- Tesla wants to end fossil fuel use, make self-driving cars 10X safer
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTSystems Engineer | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearanceACT
- FTDesktop Specialist - Application PackagingACT
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTSAP Basis ConsultantVIC
- CCReport Business Analyst- BI, Oracle, SAP, TableauNSW
- CCEnvironment Support AnalystQLD
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst - InsuranceVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/SQL) 160721/AP/624Asia
- FTPortal DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Business Analyst- Infrastructure, BABOK- Government BackgrndNSW
- FTAX Lead Technical ConsultantWA
- CCLead Business AnalystNSW
- CCCisco CCIE Certified Network EngineerWA
- FTTest ManagerACT
- CCSenior Process Analyst - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCAccounts Reconciliation Officer/ AdministratorNSW
- CCHCMS Program ManagerNSW
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- CCPre-Sales Consulting Business AnalystVIC
- CCSolution Architect - Supply ChainNSW
- FTCisco IP Telephony EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Logistic and TransportVIC