A couple IT industry surveys indicate that the business is booming for the tech industry. Opportunities are up for both full-time tech positions and for freelance IT jobs, but some of the news may make IT workers want to abandon the "security" of a s...
Q&A: Dennis and Michelle Reina
It's Cisco Live this week - in London, at least. As usual, Cisco makes certification announcements around the time of the show, and this time the announcement has to do with Security.
To address a rapidly dwindling number of women in IT, the CompTIA Educational Foundation last week created the Women in Information Technology Council and charged it with convincing those with the right knowledge and skills to make IT their career of...
Around half of information security professionals believe that cloud computing will drive an increase in demand for their skills, according to a new survey.
WASHINGTON -- For tech workers, hiring and wages improved at year end, mirroring last month's overall gain in employment.
Q&A: Al Switzler
Q&A: Todd Thibodeaux
Online labor by independent "cloud" workers probably represents nearly $US1 billion per year in earnings in the U.S., said Elance President and CEO Fabio Rosati, who expects the federal government to consider gathering statistics about the sector beg...
Ask a Premier 100 IT Leader: Jinx Walton
In about 15 years, the Millennial Generation -- the "digital natives" who began entering the workforce in 2000 -- will be, more or less, in charge of their workplaces, with those who have leadership potential having moved up the corporate rungs by th...
A federal jury this month awarded awarded a former Seagate Technology engineer $1.9 million, in a wrongful employment case.
Q&A: Abraham J. Twerski
WiMax service provider Clearwire will lay off 15 per cent of its employees and suspend the opening of retail stores and marketing campaigns in some cities as it tries to conserve cash and raise additional capital.
The Procter & Gamble vice president answers questions about training on the cheap and giving input to a nontechnical boss.
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's Chinese partner confident Xbox can compete against Android consoles
- Sony launches 6in dual-SIM smartphone for sub-$500
- Ukraine tensions could hurt international security efforts, Kaspersky says
- See ya, Microsoft: Intel looks to Android for growth in tablets
- Rushed Heartbleed fixes may expose users to new attacks
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Tethering tutorial: How to use your iPhone as a modem
- 2 Buying guide: Ovens, cooktops and freestanding cookers (upright ranges)
- 3 The most disturbing YouTube videos of all time
- 4 Aldi's new budget Android smartphone isn't very good value
- 5 Who makes the better smartphone, Samsung or HTC?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
- Notebooks View all »
- 18% off $899 free shipping
- Tablets View all »
- Mobile Phones View all »
- TVs View all »
- Digital Cameras View all »