SAP is hoping that a new massive online open course will help plant seeds of interest in its HANA in-memory database platform and also lead business end users to understand it better.
The Linux Foundation will offer a Linux development course on edX, the massive open online course (MOOC) platform developed by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Harvard University. The move is part of an edX effort, announced Thursday, to...
Plenty of people have engineering degrees but not many have one specific to data centers. A university in Dallas is offering what it says will be a first-of-its-kind graduate degree in data center engineering.
Employers may need to open up their wallets to retain their IT staffers in 2014, according to a salary survey from IT career website Dice.com.
The last legacy systems to make the shift to software-defined networking may be network engineers' minds, but even those are changing.
A former network engineer at a West Virginia oil and gas company could face up to 10 years in federal prison after pleading guilty this week to sabotaging the company's systems so badly that its operations were affected for a month.
Expertise in Web development, mobile development and large-scale data analysis will be much sought-after by IT hiring managers this year.
An increasing amount of programming is being conducted by non-professional programmers, a new IDC study has found.
Oracle customers pay handsome fees to attend its OpenWorld conference each year, and many of them felt short-changed Tuesday when Larry Ellison skipped his final keynote to watch an America's Cup sailing race.
SDN (software-defined networking) promises some real benefits for people who use networks, but to the engineers who manage them, it may represent the end of an era.
A COBOL (common business oriented language)-based system used to support New York's US$160 billion state pension fund has become the subject of controversy, with some officials claiming it poses a potential security risk and others defending it as "b...
With 10,000 U.S. baby boomers turning 65 every day until 2030, the IT industry is among those that must plan how its workforce will be impacted when these employees eventually retire.
IBM is hoping to help create the next generation of "big data" specialists through a series of partnerships with universities around the world, as well as influence the curriculum.
People interested in learning about in-memory database technology will be able to so later thing month under the virtual tutelage of SAP chairman and co-founder Hasso Plattner.
SAP has broadened its partner program for companies that want to develop applications using its technology and then sell them through the SAP online store.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
- Seagate ST1000LX001 review
- Report: Microsoft could debut Xbox One game streaming stick and 'Xbox TV' at E3
- This sticker can wirelessly charge your smartphone or tablet
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTDynamics Project ManagerNSW
- CCData Engineer (Java, Scala, Scripting, Hadoop, Spark)NSW
- CCSenior Systems AnalystSA
- FTMid-Level Full-Stack Java DeveloperVIC
- FTScrum MasterVIC
- CCRelease Manager, InfrastructureNSW
- CCTechnical Specialist - IP Network Design - Juniper MXNSW
- CCSystems Engineer- VMware / Cisco UCSNSW
- CCDeemed Order Business SpecialistVIC
- CCSQL DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence (BI) AnalystQLD
- CCSr Service ManagementACT
- CCPEGA Developer / ConfigurerACT
- CCContract Programmer (HTML/JAVA/SQL) 160525/P/013Asia
- FTNV1, NV2 Network Engineers | Permanent role with diverse Defence projectsACT
- CCBI/Information/Data/Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperACT
- FTSoftware DeveloperSA
- FTNetwork Engineer | Routing & switching | Design, implementation, L3 supportNSW
- CCTechnology Team Lead / Senior Developer - JavaNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW