Good programmers are notoriously hard to find, but HackerRank thinks it has the answer. A fresh cash infusion suggests it may be on to something.
To attract workers in the competitive technology job market, remote connectivity service provider LogMeIn decided that a change of address was needed.
IT salaries will remain mostly stagnant in 2015, except for workers with highly coveted skill sets, according to a report tracking IT salaries and skills demand in the coming years.
The dearth of software development talent isn't an issue restricted to U.S. businesses. Finding programmers, especially to fill positions in the growing field of health IT, is a global challenge, said speakers Tuesday during a panel discussion on dev...
Oracle is requiring database administrators to upgrade their certifications if the ones they hold are for older versions of its platform.
Working for a startup may have lost its appeal to IT professionals who, after weathering the recent recession, are more interested in positions at medium-sized companies that offer a startup's innovative environment and a large company's stability.
When Abby Cohen and Andrew Brimer decided to locate their health IT startup, Sparo Labs, in St. Louis, neither one considered a Midwest location as a challenge to attracting top technology workers.
U.S. technology professionals searching for jobs may want to look in states not normally considered IT hot spots.
Woe be to the software vendor who aggravates the mental status of recent law school grads.
Software developers may find more employers using customized bonuses to attract and retain them as the job market for their skills stays competitive, according to a salary survey from IT job site Dice.
When Katie Smith interned with Capital One, she expected to spend the summer fetching beverages for her manager -- instead, she started on a career path that led to a full-time IT job at the banking and financial services company.
Free snacks and on-site video games may help companies attract skilled IT workers, but speeding up the hiring cycle is also important. Drawn-out employee searches frustrate IT managers and prompt good candidates to accept jobs elsewhere.
Class of 2014 college graduates looking for their first IT jobs take note: your passion for and experience with technology may prove more helpful in your employment search than your diplomas.
SAP's recently announced plans to overhaul its support services have user groups giving the thumbs up, although it may be some time before many customers feel a big difference.
Canadian airline WestJet believes gamification, the notion of applying elements of game design to a workplace setting, can help its employees use more effectively its Oracle J.D. Edwards ERP (enterprise resource planning) system.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
- Seagate ST1000LX001 review
- Report: Microsoft could debut Xbox One game streaming stick and 'Xbox TV' at E3
- This sticker can wirelessly charge your smartphone or tablet
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Systems AnalystSA
- CCMS SCOM AdministratorVIC
- CCNetwork Access Specialist - Telecommunications (Apply now)!!NSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/.Net) 160523/AP/254Asia
- CCBPM / Java DeveloperNSW
- CCMobility SpcialistACT
- CCTechnology Team Lead / Senior Developer - JavaNSW
- FTDynamics Project ManagerNSW
- FTImplementation / Deployment Specialist- Web Sphere, ESB, IIBNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCData Engineer | Real Time StreamingNSW
- CCJunior / Mid Level Java Developer - Developing Restful Microservice SolutionsVIC
- FTPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- FTSOE SpecialistACT
- FTSenior Developer (.Net)SA
- FTFront End DeveloperACT
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Automation & Performance EngineerVIC
- FTPermanent Defence network engineer - career progression & flexible conditionsACT
- CCProject Manager - Healthcare DomainSA
- CCSystems Engineer - NV2ACT
- FTVMWare Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- CCData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW