Just a few weeks following the official feature freeze on Ubuntu 11.10 “Oneiric Ocelot,”the first beta version of Canonical's free and open source Linux distribution was released on Sept. 1.
Ubuntu 11.04 (nicknamed Natty Narwhal) marks a decided change in direction for the Linux-based operating system. The biggest change is that Canonical, the organizer of Ubuntu, is replacing the Gnome/KDE desktop environment with a new user interface c...
Canonical founder Mark Shuttleworth is a big fan of Google Chrome, and says the browser could replace the standard Firefox in future versions of Ubuntu Linux.
Canonical's Ubuntu 11.04 "Natty Narwhal" may still be occupying much of the Linux world's attention, but at last week's Ubuntu Developer Summit in Budapest, the next version of the free and open source Linux distribution began to take form.
It's been an exciting year for Linux so far, thanks at least in part to the release of Ubuntu 11.04 "Natty Narwhal," which is shaping up to be the first desktop Linux release targeted squarely at newcomers to the free and open source operating system...
Canonical has switched its cloud software stack to the open-source OpenStack, the company announced Tuesday. The current version of its Ubuntu Server, version 11.04, uses the Eucalyptus platform.
Ubuntu 11.04, or "Natty Narwhal," has been out just a few days, but already it's being billed as possibly the most accessible and user-friendly Linux distribution ever. With its new Unity interface, the open-source operating system mimics what many p...
Whenever a new version of an operating system is released, it's common to see a wave of reviews following on its heels, assessing how the software compares with what came before it and weighing its new pros and cons.
Hardly a day goes by in the tech industry without some software package or other getting updated, but the widely celebrated release of Ubuntu 11.04 "Natty Narwhal" this week has been no ordinary milestone.
Culminating months of increasingly eager anticipation, Canonical on Thursday released the final version of Ubuntu 11.04, also known as Natty Narwhal.
With so many exciting new operating systems to choose from today, it can be tough to settle on just one -- particularly if you're an open source fan.
Canonical has taken the wraps off a morale-boosting deal that has seen German insurance giant LVM Versicherungen convert 10,000 PCs to use Ubuntu Linux across the company's operations.
The next version of Canonical's Ubuntu Server, version 11.04, due out April 28, will set the stage for the open-source operating system's greater usage in the enterprise cloud, company officials said.
With the final version of Ubuntu 11.04 "Natty Narwhal" just around the corner, excitement about the new Linux release is reaching a fever pitch. Now, adding fuel to the proverbial fire, Australian tech vendor Kogan just announced two new ultraportabl...
Five years in the making, the newly released version 3 of the GNOME Linux desktop interface has been radically redesigned.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Kogan Mobile upgrades to 4G network
- Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- MIT uses 4D maps to help robot teams navigate moving obstacles
- A new AMD licensing deal could create more x86 rivals for Intel
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCApplication Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- CCSr. Project Manager - Six SigmaVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160505/AP/951Asia
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- FTDatabase Administrator / ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Change Manager - Capital MarketsNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/SQL) 160421/P/903Asia
- CCSCCM - SCOM - AD Systems EngineerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160428/AP/143Asia
- CCJava Developer - multiple opportunitiesNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - HealthcareVIC
- CCInfra Project Manager-Data Center, Cloud, Storage, NetworkNSW
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- CCNV1 | System admin with SQL server experience for Defence Application SupportACT
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- CCServiceNow / SACM ConsultantNSW
- CCHi-Portfolio ConsultantNSW
- CCJava Developer- 12 month contractNSW
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Data ManagementNSW
- CCAdobe Experience Manager AEM / CQ5 DeveloperNSW