One of the first companies that announced an ARM server chip, Calxeda, has folded operations and is now pursuing ways to repurpose or sell its intellectual property.
Low-power servers running on Calxeda's 64-bit ARM chip will be available a year from now, Calxeda said.
Dell will give its first public demonstration of a 64-bit ARM server this week, the latest step in an industrywide effort to build servers based on low-power chips like those used in smartphones.
Hewlett-Packard is developing servers based on a low-power microprocessor design from ARM Holdings, and claims it can slash power and space requirements by as much as 90 percent for companies running certain Web-based applications, HP announced Tuesd...
Calxeda on Friday revealed initial details about its first ARM-based server chip, designed to let companies build low-power servers with up to 480 cores.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Synology DS216+ Review
- Microsoft dials back Windows 10 upgrades to 2X a year
- No more passwords with Google's Trust API
- Spotify takes on Apple and Google with family plan
- How to go back to Windows 7 or 8 after an unwanted Windows 10 upgrade
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProgram Technical Director- Migration to SAP HR PayrollNSW
- CCLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorVIC
- CCSystem Engineer - Server Migration experienceNSW
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- FTNetwork SpecialistVIC
- FTManaging Security ConsultantQLD
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW
- CCSystems Engineer - NV2ACT
- CCSenior IT Security Specialist-SANS, ISC2, ISACA, ITILNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCAmazon Web Services (AWS) IT SupportWA
- CCData Engineer (Java, Scala, Scripting, Hadoop, Spark)NSW
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst (Sharepoint, CRM, MS Dynamics)ACT
- CCBig Data DeveloperWA
- CCechnical Specialist ApplicationsACT
- CCApplication Packaging ExpertVIC
- CCIT Program ManagerACT
- FTDynamics Project ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160520/AP/985Asia
- CCSenior Program DirectorNSW
- CCContract Programmer (HTML/JAVA/SQL) 160525/P/013Asia
- CCPMO SupportQLD