A second federal bill that proposes "kill-switch" technology be made mandatory in smartphones as a means to reduce theft of the devices was introduced Monday.
C Spire Wireless
Executives with three U.S. mobile carriers have voiced support for an effort in the U.S. Congress to encourage mobile carriers to offer services to customers that would render smartphones and tablets inoperable if they're stolen.
The U.S. Department of Justice will file a motion to stay or dismiss its lawsuit to block AT&T's acquisition of T-Mobile USA because the agency believes there's no deal pending, a lawyer for the DOJ said Friday.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission's vote Thursday to shift long-time telephone subsidies to broadband deployment generated praise in the telecom industry, but other groups questioned the move.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- How to stop hackers from reaching your deleted files
- Six quick steps to start a Digital Detox
- How to upgrade to Windows 10: What you need to know
- Alphabet will work with more auto makers on self-driving cars
- Intel has quietly snuffed out its Project Tango smartphone as it rethinks augmented reality
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTProject ManagerVIC
- FTSQL DATA AnalyticsNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCDatabase AdministratorNSW
- FTRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- FTTechnical LeadWA
- CCSenior Tester - Automation / Telecommunications (Urgent)NSW
- FTService Desk ManagerNSW
- FTProject Manager- Change ManagementSA
- CCStrategic Business AnalystNSW
- CCTest Manager - Baseline SecurityVIC
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst/ Scrum MasterNSW
- CCReport Business Analyst- BI, Oracle, SAP, TableauNSW
- FTFull stack (back end focus) Java Developer | Defence | NV1ACT
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- FTDefence Network Architect | NV2ACT
- CCChange Portfolio ManagerNSW
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- CCMac (iOS) Support Engineer - $30 p/h - Three Year ContractNSW
- CCProject Engineer -VIC
- FTMidrange Server Provision SMENSW
- CCProject Support Officer (Project Scheduler)WA
- CCTest ManagerNSW