On Friday the iPhone 5s will be out on the street, and with it, Apple's fingerprint scanning technology. There are still some concerns about how Apple is implementing and managing fingerprint authentication, but as long as the iPhone 5s doesn't fumbl...
Microsoft recently unveiled the Windows Phone App Studio, a tool to make it easier to develop apps for Windows Phone smartphones. Microsoft is hoping it will help expand the volume and variety of apps available in the Windows Phone Store, but it's an...
Microsoft's Windows Phone is still an underdog in the smartphone market, but it's starting to put up a decent fight.
Google's Nexus 4 smartphone is not at the end of its life despite suspicions to the contrary during the run-up to Google I/O.
If that headline sounds familiar, it's because I wrote a similar one back in January about Speek for iOS. It's an app that brings conference-call creation and management to your smartphone.
So you're looking to work with an overseas supplier for parts. Or you need to hire a programmer whose English is fractured at best. Now what? Do you really need to hire a translator just so you can communicate with these folks?
BlackBerry customers are at a crossroads: Either stick with BlackBerry or switch to some other smartphone platform. If you're still using a BlackBerry, then you've probably grown tired of watching the smartphone world pass you by. However, the new Bl...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Nokia Lumia 830 review: Punching above its weight
- 2 BlackBerry Passport review: A smartphone going nowhere
- 3 Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A flagship at 4.6-inches
- 4 Bose QuietComfort 25 review: A traveller's companion
- 5 Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- North Korea reportedly blocks Facebook and Twitter
- FCC eyes new rules to protect consumers as voice networks transition to IP
- Startup Slack gets $120M infusion to kill email at work
- Oracle's Larry Ellison isn't done building his legacy
- Ericsson's WebRTC browser available for download from the App Store
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
- FTDigital PR SpecialistNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW