EBay's board of directors has approved a plan to separate the company's eBay and PayPal businesses into independent publicly traded companies next year.
The European Commission believes Apple could have received significant tax reductions from Irish authorities, and is focusing its investigation on tax rulings that favored two Apple subsidiaries, according to a newly revealed Commission document.
Though Oracle co-CEO Mark Hurd's title may have changed recently, his job running the company's sales and support operations really hasn't. But he does have a whole lot more to sell and support these days, and it's all in the cloud.
Add Big Data and analytics to the businesses Oracle wants to dominate in the Cloud.
Just weeks after Tibco said it was looking at its long-term business options, the business intelligence software and middleware vendor has disclosed that it will be acquired by private equity firm Vista Equity Partners.
Apple's alleged favorable tax treatment by the Irish government will come under renewed scrutiny Tuesday, when the European Commission publishes its reasons for opening an in-depth investigation into the company's tax affairs.
Nine months after it was first announced, Lenovo's acquisition of IBM's x86 server business is headed towards closing.
Japan's Softbank is in talks to acquire Dreamworks Animation, The Hollywood Reporter said late Saturday citing a source. The Wall Street Journal later reported the same news citing "people familiar with the matter."
Intel is investing 9 billion yuan (US$1.5 billion) in two Chinese chip companies with an eye to boosting its presence in the country's booming mobile phone market.
Computer security company Symantec is making its interim CEO its permanent CEO.
It's just days until the start of Oracle's OpenWorld conference, an already massive affair that will be even bigger this year given the company's recent acquisitions and forays into new product areas.
In a copycat PC industry, Dell is trying to attract attention with the innovative features and technology firsts that it is bringing to PCs and tablets.
To fill out its cloud services portfolio with policy and auditing controls, Ericsson is acquiring a majority stake in San Francisco enterprise services company Apcera.
EMC spent almost a year discussing a merger with Hewlett-Packard and is weighing its options in light of the expected retirement of CEO Joe Tucci and shareholder discontent, according to a report in the Wall Street Journal.
Increasingly stiff competition in the database market has claimed another victim, as InfiniDB has ceased operations effective immediately with plans to file for bankruptcy.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: The busiest, biggest and best Samsung phablet
- 3 Aldi's $279 Bauhn Sphere review: Disappointing
- 4 Nokia Lumia 735 review: Perfectly ordinary
- 5 Bowers & Wilkins P5 (Series 2) review: For elegant sound
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- UN committee calls on countries to protect right to privacy
- Sony to offer refunds over misleading PS Vita ads
- Kogan drops Agora 4G price, launches 4G+
- Wearable technology is more than displaying information: Jawbone
- Home Depot spent $43 million on data breach in just one quarter
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSEO Content ExecutiveVIC
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTPartnership Manager - MediaNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA