Lackluster demand for its flagship Galaxy S6 smartphone and higher marketing costs led Samsung Electronics to another quarter of falling sales and profits in the April to June period.
Facebook has posted strong sales results for the second quarter, showing continued success in its advertising business, though its costs also rose sharply.
Enterprise customers can expect to hear more from e-commerce giant Alibaba Group. The Chinese company is accelerating the global expansion of its cloud computing business, with a US$1 billion investment.
Japanese gaming icon Nintendo posted a profit for the April-June quarter on Wednesday thanks in part to surging sales of a game in which players can squirt ink all over the place and transform into squids.
Twitter reported a higher than expected increase in revenue on Tuesday, suggesting progress in the company's efforts to grow its ad sales.
An appeals court has ruled that shareholders cannot sue Facebook or Mark Zuckerberg in a case that accused the company of withholding key financial information from the public until after its IPO.
Cloud services continue to grow by leaps and bounds for Amazon.com.
After ten years of making networked set-top boxes, Cisco Systems plans to quit the business, selling its Connected Devices division to French firm Technicolor, the companies said Thursday.
Qualcomm will cut costs by about $1.4 billion per year and study the possible sale of assets as part of a company realignment.
AT&T's acquisition of DirecTV appears headed for approval, with Tom Wheeler, chairman of the Federal Communications Commission circulating to commissioners an order recommending approval, although with some conditions.
Yahoo has reported an uncharacteristic rise in revenue for the second quarter, but it came with a hefty sum spent on boosting its search traffic.
Apple reported an unusual misstep in the April-to-June quarter, selling fewer iPhones than analysts had been expecting, but it wasn't all bad news from Cupertino.
Microsoft has reported its first quarterly loss in three years, largely as a result of a $7.5 billion write-down for its acquisition last year of Nokia's devices and services business.
Mainframes mainstay of IBM results... Tech lobbying booms... Uber takes to courts... and more tech news
IBM has reported another quarter of declining revenue and profit, though sales of its new mainframe gave it a lift.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- The Top 6 TVs in 2016
- AC5300 Router reviews: Linksys EA9500 vs. Netgear Nighthawk X8 vs. D-Link DIR-895L
- Dell Inspiron 17 7778 review: This massive 17-inch 2-in-1 is a worthwhile desktop replacement
- Try this! 6 new Android 7.0 Nougat features to use now
- Spotify is retaliating against artists with Apple Music exclusives
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProgram Director, Cyber Security TransformationNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst (Superannuation)NSW
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- CCNetwork Technology SpecialistVIC
- FTPrincipal Business Consultant- Wealth ManagementNSW
- CCSAP ArchitectSA
- CCSolution Architect - WMS/LogisticsVIC
- CCBusiness Intelligence Business AnalystSA
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160824/AP/187Asia
- FTOperations ManagerNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (.Net/SQL Server) 160829/SA/244Asia
- CCSharepoint ArchitectACT
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- FTMicrosoft Solution ArchitectACT
- FTMiddleware - DevOps EngineerVIC
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- CCProject Manager, Infrastructure Migration, AWS CloudNSW
- FTChange Management Specialist - IT Service ManagementNSW
- CCTesting Resource ManagerVIC
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160817/SITA/902Asia
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCWebmaster content managementACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Internet/ Intranet) 160902/SA/222Asia