Oracle's lawsuit against Google over alleged Java patent violations in the Android OS is facing a potential setback, following a ruling by the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office.
The European Parliament has approved new European Union-wide rules for online shopping.
Under pressure from entrenched local competition, Groupon, a late comer, is lagging in the Chinese group buying market. A focus on hiring local managers, and possible acquisitions, could however see its fortunes pick up, analysts said.
Simon Crosby, the former CTO of Citrix Systems' data center and cloud business, has formed a startup called Bromium that will aim to solve security problems in a cloud environment.
Oracle said Tuesday that it entered into an agreement to acquire FatWire Software, a privately-held company that specializes in software for businesses to manage their websites.
SAP's HANA (high performance analytic appliance) in-memory computing engine went into general availability on Monday, giving the vendor a flashy new weapon against the likes of Oracle's Exadata data-processing machine and others in a highly competiti...
With the recession's accounting and finance staff reductions now potentially jeopardizing their operations, CFOs seem ready to <a href="http://www.cfoworld.com/careers/12503/welcome-back-finance-pro">restore some of those jobs</a> in the third quarte...
Eight Skype executives have departed the company following Microsoft's $8.5 billion buyout in May, a Skype spokeswoman confirmed on Monday.
Research in Motion hasn't exactly had the best year so far.
Microsoft has received clearance from U.S. antitrust regulators for its proposed purchase of Internet telephony company Skype.
The U.S. Department of Justice will reportedly evaluate the antitrust implications of <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9217583/Google_buys_Admeld">Google's proposed acquisition of Admeld</a>, whose technology is designed to help web pu...
Concerns about the slowing economic recovery and European debt problems continue to weigh on U.S. stock markets, and tech companies are not immune from the general erosion of confidence.
The recession has altered the career track for many ambitious finance and accounting professionals. Some took more junior roles in finance after losing their old positions. Others, unable to find a suitable replacement post, ventured into fields outs...
BMC Software said Friday it has acquired a range of IMS (information management system) database software and related customers from Neon Enterprise Software, which recently lost a legal battle with IBM over a mainframe-related product called zPrime....
Chip maker GlobalFoundries said two top executives have stepped down and been replaced by a new leadership team as the company looks to step up investments and boost chip manufacturing capacity through next year.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- 10 things you need to know about Intel's crazy 10-core Broadwell-E CPU
- Ballistix demonstrates first NVMe drive performance at Computex
- Computex: SSD makers who don't make U.2 SSDs say U.2 is 'dead on arrival' but motherboard maker shows otherwise
- 100 illuminated Intel drones to perform at Vivid Sydney
- Intel beefs up VR ammo with Extreme Edition Core i7 chips
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCNetwork Access Specialist - Telecommunications (Apply now)!!NSW
- CCBI/Information/Data/Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCTechnical Solutions Specialist - Software Developer (Client facing)NSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CC12 months + 2x12 months | $80/hr | NV1 Project Manager | Large govt departmentACT
- CCDeployment Engineer / IT AuditorQLD
- FTHadoop Operation EngineerNSW
- FTInfrastructure Specialist - Sec Ops Network & OSAsia
- CCService Desk ConsultantACT
- FTPega Operation Engineer - CEPNSW
- FTInfrastructure Specialist VMwareNSW
- CCSAP Test AnalystACT
- FTStorage SpecialistVIC
- CCSharePoint DeveloperVIC
- CCTIBCO Integration ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Operational ReadinessSA
- CCOracle Fusion SOA/BPEL DeveloperVIC
- FTTester/Business AnalystWA
- FTNetwork SpecialistVIC
- FTData EngineersNSW
- CCSenior Portfolio Analyst - Risk and MetricsNSW
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- CCSAP Project ManagersNSW