Gartner on Thursday upgraded its forecast for worldwide IT spending, saying it will grow 7.1 percent this year to US$3.7 trillion as companies migrate to the cloud and spend more on software and IT services.
Dell is increasing focus on the midmarket as the company looks to offer new cloud computing, security and data management services to customers.
MySpace, which dominated the social-networking market in the mid-2000s before Facebook eclipsed it, has been sold by its parent company News Corp. to digital media company Specific Media.
Hewlett-Packard's lawsuit against Oracle over its decision to stop developing software for Intel's Itanium processors is a "publicity stunt" and meant to "lay the blame on Oracle for the disruption that will occur when HP's Itanium-based server busin...
A majority of Lawson Software shareholders approved the company's sale to Infor and Golden Gate Capital during a meeting Wednesday, paving the way for the creation of the industry's third-largest ERP (enterprise resource planning) software vendors af...
Hewlett-Packard is opening two new centers in China, one focused on cloud computing, and the other on research, as the company ramps up to address this large market.
An Oracle damages expert estimates that Google owes the company US$2.6 billion for alleged Java patent violations, according to a court filing made Tuesday in U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California.
Oracle is hoping to convince independent software vendors to certify and run their products on its high-end Exadata and Exalogic appliances through a program called Exastack, the company announced Tuesday.
Oracle has quietly revealed pricing information for its long-awaited Fusion Applications, suggesting the software may now be generally available or will be soon following a six-year development process.
HP plans to expand its manufacturing base in Shanghai and build a regional China headquarters in the city as part of the company's efforts to grow in a country expected to become the world's largest PC market.
Opera co-founder and former CEO Jon von Tetzchner is leaving the company next week, Opera announced on Friday.
Oracle, Red Hat, Tibco and Adobe this week showed that software sales, especially for products geared for the enterprise, continue to be strong even though economic worries have caused confidence in the tech sector to decline.
ST-Ericsson this week said it would cut up to 500 jobs as part of a cost-savings plan that could help the company reach profitability sooner.
Oracle's net income for the fourth quarter ended May 31 rose 36 percent to US$3.2 billion over the same period last year, results that reflect growth in software sales but a slight dip in hardware revenue, the company reported Thursday. Total revenu...
Yahoo CEO Carol Bartz was backed by the company's chairman at the start of the company's annual shareholder meeting on Thursday, but got ripped by an investor who called for her resignation.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Review: Arcam MusicBoost for iPhone 6 and 6S
- How to reinstall Windows like a pro
- Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- FTProject CoordinatorQLD
- FTVoice ArchitectNSW
- FTMobility Developer x 2 - iOS and Android positions available!NSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160628/P/133Asia
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - TravelNSW
- CCSAP Business Analyst - FinanceNSW
- CCApplication Support Analyst and Database AdministratorVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCSalesforce DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Java DeveloperACT
- CCTechnical Writer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCMidrange Technical ArchitectQLD
- FTSystems application support analystNSW
- FTTechnical COE SpecialistACT
- CCMicrosoft .NET Developer (Server and Applications)SA
- CCTibco DeveloperWA
- CCSecurity Solution ArchitectQLD
- FTManager of Infrastructure ServicesVIC
- CCLead UX DesignerNSW
- FTProject Manager - Insurance experience neededNSW
- FTIT Support Analyst (Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- FTAutomation Test Engineer | C#/.Net focusNSW