Gartner on Thursday upgraded its forecast for worldwide IT spending, saying it will grow 7.1 percent this year to US$3.7 trillion as companies migrate to the cloud and spend more on software and IT services.
Dell is increasing focus on the midmarket as the company looks to offer new cloud computing, security and data management services to customers.
MySpace, which dominated the social-networking market in the mid-2000s before Facebook eclipsed it, has been sold by its parent company News Corp. to digital media company Specific Media.
Hewlett-Packard's lawsuit against Oracle over its decision to stop developing software for Intel's Itanium processors is a "publicity stunt" and meant to "lay the blame on Oracle for the disruption that will occur when HP's Itanium-based server busin...
A majority of Lawson Software shareholders approved the company's sale to Infor and Golden Gate Capital during a meeting Wednesday, paving the way for the creation of the industry's third-largest ERP (enterprise resource planning) software vendors af...
Hewlett-Packard is opening two new centers in China, one focused on cloud computing, and the other on research, as the company ramps up to address this large market.
An Oracle damages expert estimates that Google owes the company US$2.6 billion for alleged Java patent violations, according to a court filing made Tuesday in U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California.
Oracle is hoping to convince independent software vendors to certify and run their products on its high-end Exadata and Exalogic appliances through a program called Exastack, the company announced Tuesday.
Oracle has quietly revealed pricing information for its long-awaited Fusion Applications, suggesting the software may now be generally available or will be soon following a six-year development process.
HP plans to expand its manufacturing base in Shanghai and build a regional China headquarters in the city as part of the company's efforts to grow in a country expected to become the world's largest PC market.
Opera co-founder and former CEO Jon von Tetzchner is leaving the company next week, Opera announced on Friday.
Oracle, Red Hat, Tibco and Adobe this week showed that software sales, especially for products geared for the enterprise, continue to be strong even though economic worries have caused confidence in the tech sector to decline.
ST-Ericsson this week said it would cut up to 500 jobs as part of a cost-savings plan that could help the company reach profitability sooner.
Oracle's net income for the fourth quarter ended May 31 rose 36 percent to US$3.2 billion over the same period last year, results that reflect growth in software sales but a slight dip in hardware revenue, the company reported Thursday. Total revenu...
Yahoo CEO Carol Bartz was backed by the company's chairman at the start of the company's annual shareholder meeting on Thursday, but got ripped by an investor who called for her resignation.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTLead Software Developer- Complex Tax & Superannuation SolutionsNSW
- FTTechnical WriterNSW
- CCSecurity Consultant/Analyst (Data Loss Prevention)WA
- CCIT Service Improvement SpecialistNSW
- CCFront End Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/UNIX) 160203/AP/381Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst - CanberraNSW
- FTTechnical Lead (Java)NSW
- FTOracle System Integration Engineer - CANBERRASA
- FTManual Software TesterNSW
- CCLync/Skype EngineerNSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Enterprise Software SolutionNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCITIL Release Manager - CBD SYDNEYNSW
- CCFusion Middleware DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT