VMware said on Tuesday it had acquired WaveMaker, the creator of open-source software that lets non-developers build Java Web applications.
SAS Institute is teaming up with mobile BI (business intelligence) vendor Mellmo to bring analytic applications to Apple's iPhone and iPad, the companies announced Tuesday.
Content management software provider OpenText has acquired London-based mobile application development tool vendor WeComm, the companies announced Tuesday.
Google has bought Beatthatquote.com, a British website for comparing prices of insurance, utilities and legal services, the companies said Tuesday. Google paid £37.7 million (US$61 million), according to Beatthatquote.
YouTube has acquired web video production startup Next New Networks to help contributors to YouTube make successful videos.
A New York manufacturer is suing ERP (enterprise resource planning) vendor Infor following a dispute over whether it should have to pay nearly US$150,000 in additional license fees.
To the storied names of Bill Gates and Steve Ballmer, Steve Jobs and Tim Cook, add Kevin Johnson and Pradeep Sindhu.
News from Apple and Teradata along with various economic forecasts this week show that at seemingly opposite ends of the technology-product spectrum, non-PC mobile devices and IT capable of handling extremely high volumes of data are major forces sha...
IBM is returning fire to Oracle in an increasingly heated battle over who has the faster stack of middleware.
Teradata said Thursday it plans to buy data warehousing startup Aster Data Systems, continuing a run of consolidation in the market for technology that can process ever-growing amounts of "big data."
Capgemini Consulting, a specialist in strategy and transformation, is about to transform its own strategy for the second time in two years. To cope with the change, the company plans to recruit up to 1,000 staff this year, predominantly younger worke...
Salesforce.com is deepening the integration between its CRM (customer relationship management) and customer service software with the explosively popular social-networking site Facebook, Salesforce.com will announce on Thursday at an event in New Yor...
Facebook has acquired the mobile messaging company Beluga, according to a note on Beluga's website. Financial details were not disclosed.
Nokia plans to invest €200 million (US$276.3 million) in a new mobile phone manufacturing site near Hanoi in northern Vietnam along "with further, sizeable investments thereafter," the company said Wednesday.
One of the biggest Twitter-like microblogs in China continues to see its popularity grow, with the number of registered users accounts surpassing the 100 million mark, according to site operator, Sina.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: The busiest, biggest and best Samsung phablet
- 3 Aldi's $279 Bauhn Sphere review: Disappointing
- 4 Nokia Lumia 735 review: Perfectly ordinary
- 5 Bowers & Wilkins P5 (Series 2) review: For elegant sound
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Grab a $49 Android tablet with your grocery shopping
- Adobe tries again to fix Flash vulnerability
- Kogan offers $329 Windows 8.1 laptop with good specs
- ZTE Blade Vec review: A serious budget contender
- Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor (PlayStation 4)
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- FTPartnership Manager - MediaNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- FTSEO Content ExecutiveVIC
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW