Nintendo's new Wii U console had a tough holiday launch, and its 3DS handheld continues to struggle.
Cisco plans to acquire Cognitive Security, a security software company that uses real-time behavioral analysis to detect security threats.
New legislation introduced by a bipartisan group of 10 U.S. senators would nearly double the number of H-1B visas that companies can get each year to hire foreign high-skill workers, including technology employees.
The U.S. Department of Justice and the Department of Homeland Security have asked for more time to consider Softbank's proposed takeover of Sprint Nextel, a move that may signal a rough road ahead for the US$20 billion deal.
Forbes has published a bullet pointed list of advice for Apple CEO Tim Cook to keep in mind when running Apple
EMC saw fourth-quarter revenue rise 8 percent, driven mainly by strong performance at its VMware subsidiary, while net income rose 5 percent, both record figures for the company.
Actian, formerly Ingres, is to acquire Pervasive Software, a vendor of cloud-based and on-premises software for data management and analysis. The deal is targeted at the growing big data market.
VMware said Monday it will cut 900 jobs in a move to focus more on high potential businesses, as profits remained strong but growth slowed.
IT spending growth in the Asia-Pacific region is expected to slow as countries including China and India grapple with emerging economic issues as a result of the world economic crisis, according to research firm Forrester.
Sierra Wireless will unload its AirCard mobile add-on business to Netgear for about US$138 million in cash and become a pure-play M2M vendor.
Crashlytics, a year-old vendor of crash analytics for iPhone and iPad apps, says it has been acquired by Twitter.
Yahoo's revenue climbed 2 percent in the fourth quarter, though its display ad business shrank and profit was down from a year earlier.
A chemical leak at a Samsung Electronics plant in South Korea has resulted in the death of a contract worker, while four others have been discharged from a hospital after treatment, the company said Monday.
Despite Microsoft's quarterly profit decline and Apple's fall Friday from its position as the world's most highly valued company, this week's wave of earnings reports was strong, boosting markets to highs not seen since before the recession.
AT&T will buy mobile spectrum in the 700MHz band from Verizon Communications for US$1.9 billion, AT&T said Friday.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- Smartwatches wear out their welcome with Motorola
- The mysteries of the GPU in Apple's iPhone 7 are unlocked
- Apple reportedly betting on drones and indoor data to make Maps better
- Apple now takes your old Apple Watch for free recycling
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerSA
- CCNetwork Deployment SpecialistNSW
- CCJDE ERP Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Network ConsultantVIC
- TPWordpress DeveloperWA
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- CCConsumer Social Specialist / Campaign Manager (Digital)VIC
- FTCampaign AnalystVIC
- CCInfrastructure ManagerNSW
- CCSolution Architect-PHPNSW
- CCBusiness and Reporting AnalystWA
- TPSenior Project AnalystNSW
- TPFull Stack .NET DeveloperWA
- FT2nd Line Engineer - CitrixVIC
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderVIC
- TPProject Coordinator. Business Process Improvement ProgramNSW
- TPSenior Test Analyst - Data ReconciliationQLD
- FTEngineering ManagerACT
- FTSENIOR DEVELOPERQLD
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Solutions Architect - CloudVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Project AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - AIXVIC
- CCAPI DeveloperNSW