Microsoft has fused a number of its new data processing technologies into a single package designed to help organizations get more value from their growing piles of data.
There's been no end in sight to the parade of BI tools appearing on the horizon, and on Friday a new one made its debut, this time with a focus on SMBs.
Microsoft's Power BI data visualization and business intelligence service will be generally available in two weeks, marking a major milestone for the new product.
What good is big data if you don't have the proper tools to make sense of it? A startup, Kyvos Insights, can transform terabytes of information stored on Hadoop clusters into easy-to-parse data cubes, the format business analysts prefer.
It would have been easy enough for Dunkin' Donuts to dismiss the Internet phenomenon "Dressgate" as irrelevant to its brand. What, after all, could an online debate over optical illusions and the color of a dress possibly have to do with pastry and c...
Recognizing the growing tension between IT departments and enterprise users eager for more self-serve analytics tools, MicroStrategy has added heightened security and governance capabilities to the latest version of its namesake BI platform.
IT departments have long relied on log data to help keep systems up and running, but they're not the only ones who can benefit from these vast stores of information. A new analytics language from Logentries could help managers tap log data to gain in...
All the data "lakes" in the world won't amount to much if you can't figure out what they mean for your business. With that in mind, Salesforce on Thursday unveiled Salesforce Wave for Big Data, a new tool designed to help business users make sense of...
Information silos are the scourge whose downfall has been foretold ever since the rise of enterprise resource planning platforms in the 1990s, but today, their demise remains far from assured.
Back in April, Tableau released version 9.0 of its flagship analytics software, and on Monday the company followed up with an update to the product's online edition that it says is up to 10 times faster than its predecessor.
The rise of Hadoop has created new oceans of data to explore, and Oracle has a new software product that's designed to help. Called Oracle Big Data Spatial and Graph, it brings new analytic capabilities to Hadoop and NoSQL.
SAP is deepening its partnership with Google and will collaborate with the search giant on new projects focused on business analytics and enterprise applications.
Most tools in the booming field of analytics rely on quantitative data. Analytics tends to work best with large numbers of numerical data points; smaller data sets and those where the data isn't easily quantified can present problems.
Microsoft has been nothing if not voracious this year when it comes to acquiring promising young companies, and on Tuesday it snatched up yet another: Datazen Software, which focuses on mobile business intelligence.
Think Big on Monday took the wraps off its Dashboard Engine for Hadoop, which aims to make it easier for business users to extract insights from the vast lakes of data stored in Hadoop.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's pricey Surface Book is getting stomped by the ancient Surface Pro 3
- Android TV's universal search feature finally works with Netflix
- Facebook takes on critics with political bias class
- Kodi dives into hardware with a Raspberry Pi 3 case perfect for low-cost HTPCs
- What iOS 10 can tell us about the new iPhone
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCMaster Scheduler - IT Infrastructure ProgramsNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCIntegration ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160621/P/866Asia
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCSoftware & Hardware Asset Management - 2 rolesNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer - C# FocusNSW
- CCWAN Contract ManagerACT
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCIT Desktop Support- Travelling in NSW requiredNSW
- CCIT Finance Systems Process AnalystNSW
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- FTEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- CCMS Exchange Support EngineerNSW
- CCTelecommunications Operations Support officerACT
- CCETL Developer - Tableau FocusNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160628/P/133Asia
- CCEngineering Lead - InfrastructureVIC
- CCNational Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCAEM Backend DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/Oracle) 160617/AP/025Asia
- CCTechnology and Security ArchitectACT
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- FTMobility Developer x 2 - iOS and Android positions available!NSW