Mozilla today shipped Firefox 4 Beta 9, perhaps the last it will release before it pushes toward a final version now planned to ship by the end of February.
Mozilla hopes to have a final version of Firefox 4 ready to ship by the end of February, according to comments made by the company's engineering director.
Firefox 4 is nearly ready for release, a recent post on Mozilla's developer mailing list suggests.
Opera devotees will be glad to hear that the browser is coming to tablets running Android and Windows 7, with the same features of its mobile software on other platforms.
Zynga, the company behind popular Facebook games such as FarmVille and Mafia Wars, has acquired Flock, which develops a Web browser fine-tuned for real-time social networking data feeds.
French security researchers today confirmed the presence of a bug in Internet Explorer (IE) that's at the center of a spat between Microsoft and a Google security engineer.
Firefox was the most-used browser in Europe in December, edging out Microsoft's Internet Explorer for the first time, according to new data released by the Web analytics service StatCounter on Tuesday.
Hard on the heels of Microsoft's decision to offer "do not track" functionality in its upcoming Internet Explorer 9 browser comes word that Mozilla is planning a similar move for its Firefox 4.
Android phones are remarkable devices, and essentially are full-blown computers that fit in your hand. In lots of ways, they work well with your PC -- but not in all ways. One of the biggest issues is Android's handling of bookmarks and browser infor...
Two weeks after it debuted a sandbox to isolate Adobe's Flash Player plug-in, Google today pushed the security enhancement to the more reliable beta channel of its Chrome browser.
A business-friendly version of Google's Chrome browser is ready for prime time, the company announced on its Chromium blog.
Opera Software today released version 11 of its flagship desktop browser, adding a new tab manager and support for extensions.
Microsoft released on Wednesday a Firefox browser add-on extending HTML5-based video on the company's Windows 7 OS.
Google on Wednesday unveiled administrative tools designed to make its Chrome browser a compelling choice for businesses.
The results are in, and the overwhelming verdict when it comes to Google's Chrome OS is: "Why?" I lost track of the number of reviewers who pointed out that anybody can recreate the Chrome OS experience by simply maximizing a Chrome browser window.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's upgraded Beam game-streaming service goes live, taking on Twitch and YouTube
- How to watch Donald Trump's presidential inauguration live online for free
- Microsoft's latest Windows 10 ad annoys Chrome users with taskbar pop-ups
- GeForce Now vs. GeForce Now: Nvidia's Shield and PC streaming services are wildly different
- Microsoft kills Cache, its note-taking experiment with Evernote-Google Keep aspirations
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCPerformance AnalystVIC
- FTJunior Software DeveloperQLD
- CCData Modeller and Business Analyst - Integration ProjectQLD
- TPICT - Contracts and Commercial AnalystQLD
- FTAutomation Test Analyst - APS 6 non-ongoingACT
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Travel and Expense Management SystemQLD
- CCProject Manager - TelcoVIC
- CCJunior Project ManagerQLD
- CCNetwork Architect / Lead Network EngineerACT
- FTMid Level Infrastructure Project ManagerVIC
- FTMS Exchange System Engineer l PowerShell l Message LabsNSW
- CCNetwork Design EngineerACT
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)Other
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- FTFull Stack Web Developer - UI/UX - .NET or JAVANSW
- CCData Migration Lead - SAPNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTAutomation TesterVIC
- TPSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCBig Data Developer - Government - 12 Month Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCSAP HR/ Payroll Support ConsultantNSW