When Tim Berners-Lee invented the first Web browser in 1990, it was just an application made to read HTML pages passively. Fast-forward to today, and the modern Web browser has become a powerful platform in itself—almost a miniature operating system,...
One of the best ways to see what's changed with the ninth and newest version of Microsoft's Internet Explorer is to tune into beautyoftheweb.com and watch the words, images, and DIVs bounce around, luring the world into pretty images and information...
Google's patching of vulnerabilities in its open source Chrome Web browser last week wasn't so much notable in itself; Microsoft, to be sure, is forever issuing patches for the many bugs that afflict its products.
After four platform previews aimed at demonstrating the power of the underlying Internet Explorer 9 engine to developers, Microsoft is ready to unveil a public beta of the on September 15. Many organizations are still struggling with the decision to ...
If you're a regular PCWorld reader, you may have noticed the Browser Blowout story we posted last week. In it, I looked at various aspects of the major Web browsers, including features, interface, security, and performance.
While it's impossible to sum up the thousands of enhancements and bug fixes both big and small, the Firefox 4 beta version brings the browser that much closer to taking over everything on the desktop. There are fewer reasons for anyone to interact wi...
The apps you use most--your Web browser, productivity tools, media managers, and Windows and its built-in accessories--are more powerful than you realize. They are loaded with unpublicized features that make your PC easier to use, they respond to sup...
Google recently launched the beta version of Google Chrome 5, the next iteration of the search giant's Web browser. New features include HTML 5 specifications like Geolocation and file drag-and-drop; expanded cloud sync capabilities; Flash integratio...
Google's Chrome browser is shining brightly, and it's not hard to see why. First, the stats: According to the latest NetApplications figures, Chrome now has 6.7 percent of the browser market--a stunning rise from zero prior to 2009. Competing browser...
Opera has always been packed with features, but it has yet to garner the same kind of publicity that Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome enjoy. And that's a shame, because version 10 of the venerable Web browser adds a slew of clever features that...
While Mozilla lights a fire under competing browsers with support of emerging Web standards with Firefox 3.5, it can still improve its performance, reliability, and usability.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's pricey Surface Book is getting stomped by the ancient Surface Pro 3
- Android TV's universal search feature finally works with Netflix
- Facebook takes on critics with political bias class
- Kodi dives into hardware with a Raspberry Pi 3 case perfect for low-cost HTPCs
- What iOS 10 can tell us about the new iPhone
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCBusiness Analyst, InsuranceNSW
- CCApplication Support Analyst and Database AdministratorNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCSolution Architect - PayrollNSW
- CCSenior Systems AnalystACT
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160630/SITA/642Asia
- CCSystems Administrator with developer skills | Defence intelligence | NV2 clearedACT
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTData Center Operator (1-Year Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCAnalyst Programmer - C# FocusNSW
- CCProject/ Program AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Software Developer (Full Stack)SA
- FTTechnical COE SpecialistACT
- CCSystems Engineer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- FTBusiness Analyst/Data Analyst Capability ManagerVIC
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCWeb/Mobile Developer (Android)WA
- CCArchitect (AWS)NSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/SQL/PHP) 160628/AP/113Asia
- CCMaster Scheduler - IT Infrastructure ProgramsNSW
- CCTechnology DeveloperVIC
- CCETL Developer - Tableau FocusNSW