When Tim Berners-Lee invented the first Web browser in 1990, it was just an application made to read HTML pages passively. Fast-forward to today, and the modern Web browser has become a powerful platform in itself—almost a miniature operating system,...
One of the best ways to see what's changed with the ninth and newest version of Microsoft's Internet Explorer is to tune into beautyoftheweb.com and watch the words, images, and DIVs bounce around, luring the world into pretty images and information...
Google's patching of vulnerabilities in its open source Chrome Web browser last week wasn't so much notable in itself; Microsoft, to be sure, is forever issuing patches for the many bugs that afflict its products.
After four platform previews aimed at demonstrating the power of the underlying Internet Explorer 9 engine to developers, Microsoft is ready to unveil a public beta of the on September 15. Many organizations are still struggling with the decision to ...
If you're a regular PCWorld reader, you may have noticed the Browser Blowout story we posted last week. In it, I looked at various aspects of the major Web browsers, including features, interface, security, and performance.
While it's impossible to sum up the thousands of enhancements and bug fixes both big and small, the Firefox 4 beta version brings the browser that much closer to taking over everything on the desktop. There are fewer reasons for anyone to interact wi...
The apps you use most--your Web browser, productivity tools, media managers, and Windows and its built-in accessories--are more powerful than you realize. They are loaded with unpublicized features that make your PC easier to use, they respond to sup...
Google recently launched the beta version of Google Chrome 5, the next iteration of the search giant's Web browser. New features include HTML 5 specifications like Geolocation and file drag-and-drop; expanded cloud sync capabilities; Flash integratio...
Google's Chrome browser is shining brightly, and it's not hard to see why. First, the stats: According to the latest NetApplications figures, Chrome now has 6.7 percent of the browser market--a stunning rise from zero prior to 2009. Competing browser...
Opera has always been packed with features, but it has yet to garner the same kind of publicity that Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome enjoy. And that's a shame, because version 10 of the venerable Web browser adds a slew of clever features that...
While Mozilla lights a fire under competing browsers with support of emerging Web standards with Firefox 3.5, it can still improve its performance, reliability, and usability.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Linksys AC600 MU-MIMO WiFi review
- Hardcore Hardware: The CyberPower Pro Streaming I300 is made for Twitch stardom
- Only Apple Music subscribers will get to watch Apple's live music fest this year
- Here's how the Xbox One S stacks up to the original
- WiFi review: Does MU-MIMO currently make a difference?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Product Owner | Advertising Technology | SearchNSW
- CCWebmaster content managementACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160901/AP/781Asia
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Project Specialist - Network IPVIC
- FTOperations ManagerNSW
- CCFunctional & System Integration Test AnalystACT
- CCBI-Business Intelligence Technical LeadNSW
- CCChange Manager/ Advisor- operational environmentNSW
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCHead of Enterprise Organisational Change- GovernanceNSW
- CCOpen_2pm_29/8_Teradata Database AdministratorACT
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCWeb Content SpecialistNSW
- CCSalesforce CRM ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- FTJr .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTTM1 Solution DesignerNSW
- FTJava Tech Lead - Full StackNSW
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- CCSr IT Support specialist - MCSE- L2/L3- Travelling requiredNSW
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCLean Six Sigma Project ManagerVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Cognos/JAVA/J2EE) 160831/SA/122Asia