A new Google service uses YouTube to shed some light on the bandwidth delivered by ISPs.
With new Qualcomm-based products, more funds and a U.S. expansion, free Wi-Fi aggregator Fon expects to reach 35 million hotspots by 2016.
The ITU has taken a big step in the standardisation of G.fast, a broadband technology capable of achieving download speeds of up to 1Gbps over copper telephone wire.
Verizon has signed an agreement to acquire EdgeCast Networks, in an effort to enhance its video delivery and Web services capabilities.
Vendors are working on products to lower the cost of building copper-based broadband with bandwidth up to 100M bps, and are at the same time getting ready to increase speeds even further.
Customers of French ISP Free will soon see their fiber-to-the-home (FTTH) connections upgraded from 100Mbps to 1Gbps, with no change to the monthly fee of €36 (US$50) including tax.
Verizon Communications should be able to block its broadband customers from going to websites that refuse to pay the provider to deliver their traffic, a lawyer for Verizon told an appeals court Monday.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission's net neutrality regulations, also known as open Internet rules, face a hearing on Monday in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit. Verizon Communications has challenged the FCC's au...
The price Verizon might pay to buy out its mobile subsidiary, reportedly US$100 billion or more, is the most important thing that mobile users need to know about the potential deal.
Future smartphones could gain numerous benefits from algorithms to fight interference, developed by a little-known startup in Lawrence, Kansas, that last week drew closer to implementing the technology in devices.
With the right boss and the right broadband, these tech workers relocated to paradise destinations
Microsoft is expanding the push for so-called "white spaces" broadband to South Africa, where it will help to deploy the technology in a pilot project serving five primary and secondary schools.
Allegations that an ISP throttled traffic from YouTube and other Google properties at peak hours were unfounded, according to the French telecommunications regulator.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has voted to take the first step toward revamping its program that subsidizes Internet connections to schools and libraries, with the focus in the future on big bandwidth instead of simple connectivity.
The number of fiber Internet subscriptions rose 12.7 percent in the countries that make up the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), the Paris-based group said Thursday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
- 2 Nokia Lumia 930 review
- 3 Asus G550JK gaming notebook
- 4 Fetch TV set-top box
- 5 Dell Inspiron 15 5547 laptop
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Amazon strikes deal in China to offer more imported goods
- Retired US airport body scanners fail to spot guns, knives
- WD celebrates 10-year anniversary of My Passport with sleeker, more stylish models
- Seagate goes after small business market with new NAS devices
- Analysis of tweets around Ferguson shows Twitter's quick grip on the news
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTMarketing Communications Executive - B2BNSW
- FTInformation Services ManagerNZ
- FTAccount Manager Programmatic Trading DeskNSW
- CCL2 Technical Support Engineer - RightFax/MessagingVIC
- FTMachine Learning | JAVA | San Fran based global Company | SydneyNSW
- FTSearch Account ManagerNSW
- FTChief Information OfficerNSW