Telstra will conduct trials of wireless broadband technology Long Term Evolution (LTE) in May in order to assess its performance.
An 11 March email to customers of Internet service provider (ISP) Exetel has revealed the company is considering ADSL2 plans with unlimited uploads and downloads. The email states that the ISP believes "there will be ongoing 'convulsions' in the mark...
Recession has affected economic growth but worldwide people are increasingly using information and communication technology (ICT) services, such as mobile phones and the Internet, according to a newly released report by international telecommunicatio...
Netgear has introduced products for powerline-based home networking at up to 500M bps (bits per second).
Australian broadband users are not receiving what Internet service providers (ISPs) have promised when it comes to download speeds, according to a report released today by broadband comparison Web site, Broadband Expert.
U.S. Federal Communications Commission Chairman Julius Genachowski on Tuesday laid out some details, including an ambitious "100 Squared" initiative, that will be part of the agency's National Broadband Plan that it will send to Congress in March.
Australian Internet service provider AAPT has launched the country's first residential ADSL2+ broadband plans without a download quota.
Telstra has urged Australian Internet users to be wary about the information they post online as part of Safer Internet Day.
Australian ISPs have welcomed iiNet's win in a landmark Federal Court battle against the Australian Federation Against Copyright Theft (AFACT).
AFACT statement: Film industry disappointed by Federal Court ruling on online copyright infringement
The official statement from AFACT on today's Federal Court ruling on online copyright infringement.
Australian ISP iiNet has won a landmark Federal Court battle against the Australian Federation Against Copyright Theft (AFACT).
Twitter addicts had to entertain themselves with something other than the social network and microblogging site for more than an hour Wednesday morning.
Australian ISP Internode has launched a battery-operated, portable 3G Wi-Fi modem called MiFi.
Telstra has announced new wireless broadband plans with higher data allowances and the end of excess usage charges. The new BigPond plans will be available from 18 January.
Nintendo Wii users will be able to stream Netflix movies and TV episodes on their consoles, Netflix announced on Wednesday. The feature will be enabled this spring, at no additional charge for Netflix subscribers.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: The busiest, biggest and best Samsung phablet
- 3 Aldi's $279 Bauhn Sphere review: Disappointing
- 4 Nokia Lumia 735 review: Perfectly ordinary
- 5 Bowers & Wilkins P5 (Series 2) review: For elegant sound
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- How to get the most out of Sydney's Opal card
- Breaking up is hard to do, but HP won't look back
- Grab a $49 Android tablet with your grocery shopping
- San Francisco DA pushes for chip payment cards in tech's backyard
- Adobe tries again to fix Flash vulnerability
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- FTSEO Content ExecutiveVIC
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW
- FTPartnership Manager - MediaNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW