The National Broadband Network Company has put the freeze on some of its spending and will not hire any new staff until parliament has resolved its current deadlock over a new Federal Government.
Smartphones and modems are about to get faster mobile broadband connections -- 14.4M bps (bits per second) and 42M bps, repectively -- using HSPA+ (High Speed Packet Access).
The National Broadband Network Company would not confirm this morning whether it would continue to roll out optic fibre around the nation while Australia's Parliament attempts to resolve whether the Coalition or Labor would form Government.
Just 70 customers might have signed up to the National Broadband Network in Tasmania so far in total, but iiNet today revealed it would provide them with full 100Mbps speeds on all plans and the option of a terabyte data quota to truly get the benefi...
TPG has become the latest internet service provider to launch a broadband plan featuring a total of a terabyte of monthly quota, following launches by iiNet and Primus this week.
Just hours after iiNet claimed to make history with Australia's first terabyte broadband plans, rival Primus has launched a new 1.1 terabyte offering - upping iiNet’s new deal by 111GB per month.
NBN Co chief executive Mike Quigley has delivered a stinging attack on the Coalition's broadband policy, publicly backing Labor's rival National Broadband Network project just days before the Federal Election due on Saturday.
National broadband provider iiNet today unveiled an extensive revamp of its broadband plans, including what it claimed was Australia's first plan with a terabyte of included download quota.
The actual download speeds that consumers get are about half of those promised by service providers, according to a report released this week by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission.
The imminent arrival of Samsung's Android-powered Galaxy slate, which may debut as early as next month, signals that interesting times are ahead for video-chat users. Businesses and other early-adopters hoping to conduct face-to-face meetings via sma...
There are only "four and a half" meaningful players left in Australia's internet service provider market, iiNet supremo Michael Malone said today - with companies like Primus, Eftel and others just not relevant any more in terms of providing competit...
A test of TeliaSonera's LTE (Long Term Evolution) network and its new multimode modem shows the next-generation mobile technology at its best -- delivering speeds at up 59.1M bps (bits per second) -- when used at 2.6GHz. But it also reveals how the t...
Five left-leaning groups that want the U.S. government to create formal network neutrality rules are organizing a rally to protest a recent proposal by Google and Verizon Communications at Google's headquarters in Mountain View, California, Friday.
Communications Minister Stephen Conroy confirmed today that the National Broadband Network NBN would reach speeds of up 1Gbps, ten times faster than the originally announced speeds of up to 100Mbps.
In the midst of debate over broadband policies announced by the Gillard government and the Coalition, the first school connected to the National Broadband Network (NBN) by retail service provider Internode says a faster Internet connection can be ben...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Surprise! Nvidia reveals a new Pascal-powered Titan X and it looks like an utter monster
- Apple faces lawsuit over AppleCare refurbished devices not being new
- Intel experiments with 3D Xpoint as it ships out SSDs to testers
- Edward Snowden has developed an iPhone case meant to kill surveillance
- Tesla wants to end fossil fuel use, make self-driving cars 10X safer
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCPortfolio ManagerVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows) 160804/ITA/151Asia
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst / BillingNSW
- CCProject Engineer -VIC
- CCSolution DesignerNSW
- FTCisco IP Telephony EngineerNSW
- CC.Net Developer Application DesignerACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTNV2 Defence Project ManagerACT
- CCCrystal reports expertACT
- CCContract IT Assistant (HTML/PC LAN/XML) 160711/ITA/692Asia
- CCUI/UX DesignerNSW
- CCIteration Manager/Project ManagerVIC
- CCIT Business Analyst- Infrastructure, BABOK- Government BackgrndNSW
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Temporary Fixed TermQLD
- CCExcel Modelling specialist/consultant.VIC
- FTAgile Coach / Training & Support ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst (ERP)NSW
- FTDesktop Specialist - Application PackagingACT
- FTPortfolio Governance AnalystVIC
- CC.NET DeveloperQLD
- CCNetwork DesignerNSW