Alcatel-Lucent has found a way to move data at 300M bps (bits per second) over two copper lines, the company said on Wednesday. However, so far it is only in a lab environment -- real products and services won't show up until next year.
The Internet industry has to regulate itself by responding to consumer demands in the wake of the recent U.S. federal court ruling that the Federal Communications Commission didn't have authority to enforce its net neutrality rules, BitTorrent CEO Er...
Australian ISP Internode has today cut the price of its flagship Fibre to the Home (FTTH) broadband plan, but all new plans now count both uploads and downloads in monthly data quotas.
More than a third of Brits (35 percent) think super-fast broadband services will encourage illegal downloading, says Moneysupermarket.
Local VoIP provider Engin has introduced three new bundle plans. Dubbed VoIP Ignition, the plans are available for $69, $89 and $109 per month and include broadband access with a data quota that can be used without on- and off-peak periods.
According to consumer research group Broadband Expert, mobile broadband speeds in Australia are about half the average broadband speeds reached in homes.
Australian VoIP telco MyNetFone is offering free VoIP calls for people who sign up to its Naked ADSL2+ plans.
TPG has launched a $75 a month unlimited ADSL2+ broadband plan.
Internet service provider (ISP) Exetel will next week announce new conventional and naked ADSL2 plans that include unlimited uploads and downloads, according to a company newsletter.
The growth of mobile broadband connections is outpacing other Internet connections in Australia, increasing 40 per cent between June and December 2009.
Australian Internet service provider (ISP) Internode has announced an overhaul of its Extreme ADSL2+ broadband plans, giving customers improved data quotas, increased 'shaping' speeds and more bundling opportunities.
What's more entertaining than the sight of civic leaders fawning all over Google for a little high-speed action?
Australian ISP Internode has announced that it has installed ADSL2+ equipment at seven extra telephone exchange locations in Tasmania.
Australian ISP Internode has slashed the prices of its Ultra SHDSL broadband plans.
The Minister for Broadband, Communications and the Digital Economy, Senator Stephen Conroy, has introduced legislation that ensures newly-built homes will be equipped with infrastructure that will help deliver fast-speed broadband to the occupants. ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: The busiest, biggest and best Samsung phablet
- 3 Aldi's $279 Bauhn Sphere review: Disappointing
- 4 Nokia Lumia 735 review: Perfectly ordinary
- 5 Bowers & Wilkins P5 (Series 2) review: For elegant sound
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- AMD tablet development stalls as priorities change
- SMBs get their very own Salesforce app store
- Breaking up Google is just one possible antritrust option, EU lawmakers say
- 'Less' means more to malware authors targeting Linux users
- UK plans to introduce new Web snooping law
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTPartnership Manager - MediaNSW
- FTSEO Content ExecutiveVIC
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT