The number of mobile broadband subscriptions will reach 1 billion before the end of 2011, boosted by faster networks and the growing popularity of smartphones, telecom vendor Ericsson said on Monday.
Primus Telecom has launched a hotline for customers affected by flooding in Queensland. The service will let customers divert their landline number, request restoration of phone or Internet services and apply for their bills to be waived during the p...
The number of superfast broadband connections in the UK looks set to exceed 600,000 by the end of 2011, says <a href="http://www.point-topic.com">Point Topic</a>.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission's vote Tuesday to approve new network neutrality rules received mixed reviews, with broadband provider Verizon Communications appearing to question the agency's legal authority.
Michael Copps, the swing vote at the U.S. Federal Communications Commission for a set of network neutrality rules, said Monday he will vote for the proposal.
Cloud sync service Dropbox has announced the final release of its client software. Dropbox 1.0 "Rainbow Shell" comes with performance increases, courtesy of a reduction in resources used by the program, as well as hundreds of bug fixes. However, the ...
Which American city will receive Google's experimental fiber network? We'll have to wait a while longer to find out, it seems.
National broadband company iiNet has extended its popular BoB integrated ADSL router product line with what it has billed as the first product to come out of its new in-house development labs -- a younger sibling dubbed BoB Lite.
Communications Minister, Senator Stephen Conroy, has used Australia's falling OECD broadband penetration ratings as evidence that the National Broadband Network is needed.
A number of different technologies are being developed or improved to offer higher speeds for fixed and mobile broadband networks, as operators are preparing to compete with each other and carry video traffic in 3D and at higher resolutions, which is...
Optus has finally brought out a 1TB plan after its competitors kickstarted the terabyte trend.
A satellite that promises to bring broadband Internet to several areas of Europe was successfully launched late Friday.
There is light at the end of the tunnel for the estimated 20 million Europeans who cannot get high-quality broadband access. On Friday a new satellite will be launched that will deliver broadband Internet access to consumers and businesses across the...
Verizon is tripling the top speed of its FiOS broadband to 150Mbps. The move makes Verizon FiOS the fastest broadband service available, and opens up new possibilities for small and medium businesses that rely on consumer-grade broadband connections.
Alcatel-Lucent said on Wednesday that it is accelerating efforts to help mobile operators analyze the traffic growth in their networks, make changes and offer subscribers higher speeds.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Asus unveils Zenbo, a cute robot for the home priced at $599
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 review: The new people's champion topples Titans
- Powerful gaming PC backpacks are becoming a thing as VR craze swells
- Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1080 launches with limited stock, no custom-cooled variants
- Review: DJI’s Phantom 4 drone makes high-flying tech easier (video)
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCTransition Manager / Project ManagerQLD
- CCTechnical Service LeadNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst, SuperannuationNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160606/AP/251Asia
- CCOracle DBA | 3-6mth ContractVIC
- CCIT Environment and Deployment SpecialistQLD
- FTData EngineersNSW
- CCSenior Program DirectorNSW
- CCSenior Automation & Performance EngineerVIC
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCBusiness Analyst, ReportingNSW
- CCDigital Content ProducerVIC
- CCData and Business AnalystACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- FTPeoplesoft CRM DeveloperWA
- FTAzure ConsultantQLD
- CCTechnology Lead / Senior Developer - Java (Urgent)NSW
- CCOracle Application Administrator - July startACT
- FTTester/Business AnalystWA
- CCIT Security Consultant -NSW
- FTDynamics Project ManagerNSW
- CCBPM / Java DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork Architect VoiceNSW
- CC12 months + 2x12 months | $80/hr | NV1 Project Manager | Large govt departmentACT