The number of mobile broadband subscriptions will reach 1 billion before the end of 2011, boosted by faster networks and the growing popularity of smartphones, telecom vendor Ericsson said on Monday.
Primus Telecom has launched a hotline for customers affected by flooding in Queensland. The service will let customers divert their landline number, request restoration of phone or Internet services and apply for their bills to be waived during the p...
The number of superfast broadband connections in the UK looks set to exceed 600,000 by the end of 2011, says <a href="http://www.point-topic.com">Point Topic</a>.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission's vote Tuesday to approve new network neutrality rules received mixed reviews, with broadband provider Verizon Communications appearing to question the agency's legal authority.
Michael Copps, the swing vote at the U.S. Federal Communications Commission for a set of network neutrality rules, said Monday he will vote for the proposal.
Cloud sync service Dropbox has announced the final release of its client software. Dropbox 1.0 "Rainbow Shell" comes with performance increases, courtesy of a reduction in resources used by the program, as well as hundreds of bug fixes. However, the ...
Which American city will receive Google's experimental fiber network? We'll have to wait a while longer to find out, it seems.
National broadband company iiNet has extended its popular BoB integrated ADSL router product line with what it has billed as the first product to come out of its new in-house development labs -- a younger sibling dubbed BoB Lite.
Communications Minister, Senator Stephen Conroy, has used Australia's falling OECD broadband penetration ratings as evidence that the National Broadband Network is needed.
A number of different technologies are being developed or improved to offer higher speeds for fixed and mobile broadband networks, as operators are preparing to compete with each other and carry video traffic in 3D and at higher resolutions, which is...
Optus has finally brought out a 1TB plan after its competitors kickstarted the terabyte trend.
A satellite that promises to bring broadband Internet to several areas of Europe was successfully launched late Friday.
There is light at the end of the tunnel for the estimated 20 million Europeans who cannot get high-quality broadband access. On Friday a new satellite will be launched that will deliver broadband Internet access to consumers and businesses across the...
Verizon is tripling the top speed of its FiOS broadband to 150Mbps. The move makes Verizon FiOS the fastest broadband service available, and opens up new possibilities for small and medium businesses that rely on consumer-grade broadband connections.
Alcatel-Lucent said on Wednesday that it is accelerating efforts to help mobile operators analyze the traffic growth in their networks, make changes and offer subscribers higher speeds.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Optus offers unlimited data for new home broadband bundles
- Kogan Mobile upgrades to 4G network
- Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- MIT uses 4D maps to help robot teams navigate moving obstacles
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSr System AnalystACT
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTSQL DeveloperNSW
- CCLead Administrator - Network and SecurityNSW
- CCMid or Senior Developer - Mobile Applications - (iOS)NSW
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC
- FTSenior Storage Systems EngineerACT
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Oracle Exadata/ExalogicVIC
- FTDatabase Administrator / ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior AGILE Business AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital/Financial ServicesNSW
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- CCNV2 - System Administration / Application SupportACT
- FTTrading System QAAsia
- CCSolution ArchitectACT
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTData AnalystNSW
- FTAzure ArchitectQLD
- FTService Coordinator/Scheduler | IT Managed Service ProviderVIC
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- CCPMO Coordinator- Prince2, Project financialsNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectVIC