Optus E153 USB modem review: A simple USB modem with plug-and-play support, but low speeds
Vodafone Mega Modem review: Vodafone's latest mobile broadband USB stick provides access to the telco's new 850MHz network
FRITZ!Box 7270 review: An all-in-one marvel featuring an ADSL2+ modem, dual-band wireless networking and VoIP
Telstra Pre-Paid Mobile Wi-Fi review: This mobile broadband modem offers superior speeds and coverage
The NetComm MyZone scores points for its stylish, compact design and ease of use, though its speed could be improved.
broadband in pictures
With the right boss and the right broadband, these tech workers relocated to paradise destinations
Heading back to school or university? A mobile broadband package may help you get off to a good start in 2010!
“The continued need for broadband access is driving new projects..."
At 6.30am (AEST) the nbn's first broadband satellite, Sky Muster, successfully lifted into orbit, blasting 36,000kms into space from Guiana Space Centre in South America.
Foxtel is more than doubling its broadband data allowances after its bundled plans lead to a growth spurt in subscribers.
Chipset vendors such as Broadcom and STMicroelectronics have launched products that'll make it possible to offer gigabit speeds over fiber as well as over copper and cable networks.
Small mobile carriers lost a battle Thursday when the U.S. Federal Communications Commission declined to make it easier for them to get access to a reserved slice of spectrum during a 2016 auction of television spectrum.
Many routers (and modem/routers) offer a QoS feature, which is a handy way of ensuring that, for example, sending email and browsing the Web won't interfere with fast-paced online games or calls using Skype. QoS stands for 'Quality of Service' and it...
Just got back from my folks' house, where Mom and Dad were each encountering the same problem with their respective computers: frequent, sporadic losses of Internet connectivity.
Using a mobile phone as a modem isn't a new feature — in fact, many smartphones came and went before the iPhone had this capability.
If you’re having intermittent connection problems then there’s often useful information to be gleaned from your router. Check the log, which lists the date and time of each reconnection. In the above screenshot, the router has just reconnected and th...
A flurry of activity will follow the plan from U.S. Federal Communications Commission Chairman Tom Wheeler to reclassify broadband as a regulated public utility as the foundation for new net neutrality rules.
It's difficult to predict how an appeals court will rule after it hears arguments Monday in Verizon Communication's challenge of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission's net neutrality rules.
The US presidential election result leaves President Barack Obama in the White House and maintains the balance of power in Congress. In many longstanding technology debates, policy experts see little movement forward, although lawmakers may look for ...
It's always a challenge for IT departments to anticipate how corporate technical demands will evolve, especially when IT budgets have been as tight as a drum for two years.
A number of different technologies are being developed or improved to offer higher speeds for fixed and mobile broadband networks, as operators are preparing to compete with each other and carry video traffic in 3D and at higher resolutions, which is...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Is the road to machine learning paved with API providers?
- Need data-science skills? Now your team can learn together
- Hackers of two Ukrainian utilities probably hit mining and railroad targets, too
- Qualcomm hopes a gradual approach to server market will pay dividends
- US Senate passes permanent ban on Internet access taxes
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - QlikviewVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC
- CCApplication Support AnalystNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCSAP Business Intelligence SpecialistQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst - BaselineACT
- CCImplementation AnalystNSW
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (MSSQL/.Net/Mobile App) 160122/SA/vhaAsia
- CCTest AnalystACT
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - IT SecurityNSW
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager - NV1 clearance mandatoryNSW
- CCIBM InfoSphere ConsultantACT
- CCRecords Officer - CanberraACT
- FTIT Cyber Security Requirements ConsultantACT
- CCSenior Server EngineerNSW
- FTDatabase AdministratorVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCSystem AdminVIC
- FTPrograme ManagerNSW
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW