Europe's largest hotel reservation site Booking.com has settled antitrust cases against it in Sweden, Italy and France over contractual clauses it used to oblige hotels to offer it the same room prices as competitors, or better.
Hotel reservation site Booking.com has offered to settle antitrust cases brought against it in Sweden, France and Italy, and on Monday antitrust authorities invited hotels to give their views on the settlement.
TripaAdvisor, Expedia and Booking.com are under investigation by the Italian Competition Authority.
In a move that might dampen the popularity of Airbnb's site for Amsterdam, the city government is now using the accommodation listing service as a source of tips about illegal rental property.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Linksys AC600 MU-MIMO WiFi review
- Hardcore Hardware: The CyberPower Pro Streaming I300 is made for Twitch stardom
- Only Apple Music subscribers will get to watch Apple's live music fest this year
- Here's how the Xbox One S stacks up to the original
- WiFi review: Does MU-MIMO currently make a difference?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCBusiness Analyst / SalesforceNSW
- CCProject Manager - PCI DSS / IMACSQLD
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC
- FTCapacity PlannerNSW
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCEnterprise Architect ? Big Data AnalyticsNSW
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - Active DirectoryVIC
- FTOperations ManagerNSW
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Infrastructure/JAVA) 160901/SA/486Asia
- CCMurex Developers x 2NSW
- CCSr Project Manager - BASELINEACT
- CCPMO Project AdministratorNSW
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Process Analyst - WealthVIC
- CCTest Analyst - Data MigrationACT
- FTPrincipal Business Consultant- Wealth ManagementNSW
- FTIT Security & Risk ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - TaxVIC
- FTContracts ManagerVIC
- CCData Migration SpecialistSA
- CCSecurity ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Server and Storage Support EngineerNSW