Smooth roaming from cell to Wi-Fi networks is finally seeing the light of day, with deployments at 21 U.S. airports and at two smaller sites in Europe debuting on Monday.
Can't find an item in your grocery store? Some retailers want to help, but it could mean tracking your every move as you wander through the aisles.
AT&T's addition of Boingo Wireless Wi-Fi hotspots to its international roaming coverage may point toward the future of mobile data across borders.
International roaming between carriers' Wi-Fi networks has come a step closer, with AT&T, Boingo Wireless, NTT DoCoMo and Orange completing network assessments as part of the Wireless Broadband Alliance's new interoperability program.
A group of operators including AT&T, Boingo Wireless, BT and China Mobile have joined forces to work on a common framework for Wi-Fi roaming to make it easier for users to access hotspots while travelling abroad.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
- 2 Nokia Lumia 930 review
- 3 Asus G550JK gaming notebook
- 4 Fetch TV set-top box
- 5 Dell Inspiron 15 5547 laptop
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Amazon strikes deal in China to offer more imported goods
- Retired US airport body scanners fail to spot guns, knives
- WD celebrates 10-year anniversary of My Passport with sleeker, more stylish models
- Seagate goes after small business market with new NAS devices
- Analysis of tweets around Ferguson shows Twitter's quick grip on the news
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTAccount Manager Programmatic Trading DeskNSW
- CCL2 Technical Support Engineer - RightFax/MessagingVIC
- FTChief Information OfficerNSW
- FTSearch Account ManagerNSW
- FTInformation Services ManagerNZ
- FTMachine Learning | JAVA | San Fran based global Company | SydneyNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Executive - B2BNSW