Only two days left until Apple releases the first major upgrade to the iOS 4 mobile operating system on Wednesday, September 8.
Remember wristwatches? With the surge in smartphones and their instant access to time and other information, fewer people seem to wear a watch these days.
When you work in the publishing business, you're often inundated with media releases. And when you work in tech publishing, they're often about hi-tech gear and gadgets.
Thieves are stealing credit-card numbers through skimmers they secretly installed inside pumps at gas stations throughout the US Southeast, using Bluetooth wireless to transmit stolen card numbers.
Bluetooth is being primed to boldly go where it has never gone before.
The Bluetooth 4.0 low-power wireless networking specification has been approved, and the technology will start appearing in devices such as smart meters and laptops later this year, the Bluetooth Special Interest Group said on Wednesday.
Laptops packed with Bluetooth 3.0 and WirelessHD are being shown at the Computex trade show in Taiwan and will be on the market this year, offering faster wireless data transfer speeds between PCs and TVs or mobile phones, for instance.
Gartner is highlighting 10 mobile and wireless networking technologies -- including new versions of Bluetooth and location-awareness -- it says will play a big role in business-to-employee and business-to-consumer interactions over the next couple of...
The latest gadget from Sony's in-house geeks will surely get your cat tweeting. A prototype tweeting cat collar, which Sony created in collaboration with the University of Tokyo, last month's Open House 2010.
The Plantronics Explorer 395 is a good-looking, easy-to-use Bluetooth headset that is obviously designed (and priced) for the casual user -- somebody who wants to be able to do hands-free calling but doesn't need to be glued to a mobile phone.
The next version of Bluetooth will be frugal enough with power to run devices using button-cell batteries, the wireless standard's industry special interest group (SIG) has announced.
There's no doubt mobile technologies have already made a big dent on our lives.
The Bluetooth 4.0 wireless specification could start to appear in devices such as headsets, smartphones and PCs by the fourth quarter, the Bluetooth Special Interest Group said on Wednesday.
Broadcom increased its bet on the Android mobile operating system on Tuesday, announcing additional capabilities for its software stack and a new chip for navigation in Android-based devices.
Zomm hopes to slash the number of smartphones lost each year with the launch of what it describes as the world's first wireless leash for mobile phones.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- How to stop hackers from reaching your deleted files
- Six quick steps to start a Digital Detox
- How to upgrade to Windows 10: What you need to know
- Alphabet will work with more auto makers on self-driving cars
- Intel has quietly snuffed out its Project Tango smartphone as it rethinks augmented reality
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTProgram Master SchedulerVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows) 160804/ITA/151Asia
- FTCloud EngineerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclise) 160721/AP/vmpAsia
- FTSystems Engineer | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearanceACT
- CCSenior Systems SpecialistNSW
- FTJDE DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Architect - CloudVIC
- FTIT ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Test AnalystWA
- CCPortfolio ManagerVIC
- CC.NET DeveloperQLD
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTPortfolio Project Governance AnalystNSW
- FTPortfolio Governance AnalystVIC
- FTPortal DeveloperNSW
- CCDatabase AdministratorNSW
- FTIT Helpdesk (Microsoft)NSW
- FTDesktop Specialist - Application PackagingACT
- CCProject Manager- Infrastructure and App Roles- Gov BackgroundNSW
- CCProject Manager/ Sr PMO Analyst - Consulting BackgroundNSW
- FTData AnalystACT
- CCProject Manager CCTVNSW