Remember wristwatches? With the surge in smartphones and their instant access to time and other information, fewer people seem to wear a watch these days.
When you work in the publishing business, you're often inundated with media releases. And when you work in tech publishing, they're often about hi-tech gear and gadgets.
Thieves are stealing credit-card numbers through skimmers they secretly installed inside pumps at gas stations throughout the US Southeast, using Bluetooth wireless to transmit stolen card numbers.
Bluetooth is being primed to boldly go where it has never gone before.
The Bluetooth 4.0 low-power wireless networking specification has been approved, and the technology will start appearing in devices such as smart meters and laptops later this year, the Bluetooth Special Interest Group said on Wednesday.
Laptops packed with Bluetooth 3.0 and WirelessHD are being shown at the Computex trade show in Taiwan and will be on the market this year, offering faster wireless data transfer speeds between PCs and TVs or mobile phones, for instance.
Gartner is highlighting 10 mobile and wireless networking technologies -- including new versions of Bluetooth and location-awareness -- it says will play a big role in business-to-employee and business-to-consumer interactions over the next couple of...
The latest gadget from Sony's in-house geeks will surely get your cat tweeting. A prototype tweeting cat collar, which Sony created in collaboration with the University of Tokyo, last month's Open House 2010.
The Plantronics Explorer 395 is a good-looking, easy-to-use Bluetooth headset that is obviously designed (and priced) for the casual user -- somebody who wants to be able to do hands-free calling but doesn't need to be glued to a mobile phone.
The next version of Bluetooth will be frugal enough with power to run devices using button-cell batteries, the wireless standard's industry special interest group (SIG) has announced.
There's no doubt mobile technologies have already made a big dent on our lives.
The Bluetooth 4.0 wireless specification could start to appear in devices such as headsets, smartphones and PCs by the fourth quarter, the Bluetooth Special Interest Group said on Wednesday.
Broadcom increased its bet on the Android mobile operating system on Tuesday, announcing additional capabilities for its software stack and a new chip for navigation in Android-based devices.
Zomm hopes to slash the number of smartphones lost each year with the launch of what it describes as the world's first wireless leash for mobile phones.
Fujitsu is breaking new ground in the cell phone market with the imminent introduction of a cell phone that splits into two parts.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- US regulator coming around to view that a Google computer could qualify as car driver
- Poseidon hacker group behind long-running extortion scheme
- Is Docker ditching Ubuntu Linux? Confusion reigns
- 45 per cent of Australians do not recycle e-waste: TechCollect
- Google will stop accepting new Flash ads on June 30
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- FTProject Manager | Defence projects | NV1/NV2 cleared | Canberra basedACT
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorNSW
- CCInformation Security ManagerNSW
- CCDesktop Support L1, 2 & 3NSW
- FTSoftware Developer - Ruby on RailsNSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- CCImmediate iOS Developer Required - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCAngularJS DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - IOSNSW
- CCSenior Information Security SpecialistNSW
- CCService EngineerVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCMultiple Middleware DevelopersACT
- FTJava or Ruby Web DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Online Gaming SystemsNSW
- CCTibco DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW