A new version of the ubiquitous Bluetooth, version 5 -- which will be faster and pair devices wirelessly over longer distances -- is close to being finalized.
Microsoft and Raspberry Pi want people to build businesses and start Kickstarter campaigns around cool devices making use of the new Raspberry Pi 3 computer.
The $229 Bluetooth speaker goes on sale in November with better sound and a Lightning charger.
UC San Diego researchers have developed a magnetic-field network to link wearable devices through the user's body.
With the Internet of Things in mind, ARM wants to improve the battery life of sensors that use Bluetooth, making it efficient enough to be powered using energy harvesting.
Backers of Bluetooth plan to give the technology a way to form mesh networks, dramatically extending its range and potentially its role in the Internet of Things.
I honestly don't even know how to rate the Astro A38. Technically it's a gaming headset, sure, but it's abundantly clear Astro doesn't really expect you to use these very often with your PC. Everything about this headset was designed with cell phones...
An ideal sedan for any lover of tech
Garmin is set to launch a touchscreen GPS golf watch which intends to improve golfers’ swing consistency and synchronisation with the help of a set of metrics and training tools.
Sony is one of a few companies with an ecosystem rich in entertainment gear. Now the company has partnered with Telstra to release the wearable SmartBand SWR10.
Just when you thought the portable Bluetooth speaker market was brimming with a range of fantastic products, Braven weighs in with an entrant so well equipped, it could shake things up.
Bluetooth 4.1, due out by the end of the year, will directly connect devices to cloud services.
Jawbone is investing in Bluetooth earpieces following the rise in demand for large screen smartphones.
Bluetooth, the short range wireless data communications technology, is in a huge range of products these days, and not just computers and phones.
The smartphone is the new computer, and wireless peripherals are popping up everywhere
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Huawei Mate 9
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Acer Swift 7
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® Portable SSD
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Surface Pro 4
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Inkle's space archaeologist adventure won't tell you if your lost language translations are wrong
- Dell's 28-inch 4K monitor is just $300 right now
- Three privacy tools that block your Internet provider from tracking you
- Dell's wild 8K monitor goes on sale with a just-as-stunning price tag
- How to transform your smartphone into a real-world Star Trek tricorder
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Behind the scenes with Team Walkinshaw at V8 Supercars Melbourne 2017
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTFull stack Developer | 3 mth ContractVIC
- FTSCOM AdministratorACT
- CCDevOps Engineer - TelcoVIC
- FTSAP Payroll and Time ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Teradata Developer/Analyst Programmer - Financial - Contract - ParramattaNSW
- FTSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical ConsultantACT
- FTSenior Java DeveloperQLD
- FTEnterprise ArchitectQLD
- FTLead DevOps EngineerNSW
- FTGIS Software DeveloperQLD
- CCApplication PackagerNSW
- CCSenior Storage System Engineer -NetApp & TSMNSW
- TPProject Manager | HealthQLD
- FTFull Stack .Net Developer Developer (Front and Back end)QLD
- FTApplication Support Analyst - Accounting SoftwareNSW
- FTLead Network Project ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Expert | 3mth+contractVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst (BPMN or UML & Agile)QLD
- FTAgile Test AnalystQLD
- TPJava DeveloperWA
- FTSoftware Tech Lead - C++ Back Office Trading SystemsNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst Team LeadNSW