Apple will be playing a larger role in the development of Bluetooth as the company pushes into wearable technology, home automation and more.
Backers of Bluetooth plan to give the technology a way to form mesh networks, dramatically extending its range and potentially its role in the Internet of Things.
Bluetooth 4.1, due out by the end of the year, will directly connect devices to cloud services.
A satellite operator's proposal to offer an extra channel of Wi-Fi might actually give average Wi-Fi and Bluetooth users less bandwidth, according to some industry groups that have commented on the plan in filings to the FCC.
Bluetooth 4.0, which can be found inside the iPhone 4S and the latest MacBook Air and Mac Mini, is being rebranded by the group that controls the technology.
The fight is on for wireless device-to-device networking supremacy between a refreshed incumbent, Bluetooth 4.0, and a newcomer, Wi-Fi Direct. Both specifications are promising to make it easier for you to quickly transfer pictures, files and other ...
Remember wristwatches? With the surge in smartphones and their instant access to time and other information, fewer people seem to wear a watch these days.
Bluetooth is being primed to boldly go where it has never gone before.
The Bluetooth 4.0 low-power wireless networking specification has been approved, and the technology will start appearing in devices such as smart meters and laptops later this year, the Bluetooth Special Interest Group said on Wednesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
- Seagate ST1000LX001 review
- Report: Microsoft could debut Xbox One game streaming stick and 'Xbox TV' at E3
- This sticker can wirelessly charge your smartphone or tablet
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/Orcale/MySQL) 160531/SA/253Asia
- FTHadoop Operation EngineerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCSr Service ManagementACT
- FTPeopleSoft Finance Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCDelivery Manager - Integration SpaceVIC
- CCDomain Specialist | Multiple RolesVIC
- CCDeployment Engineer / IT AuditorQLD
- FTPeoplesoft CRM DeveloperWA
- CCSecurity Clearances Vetting Services OfficerACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL*PLUS) 160519/AP/432Asia
- CCTechnical Business Analyst, SuperannuationNSW
- CCTechnical Service LeadNSW
- CCProject Manager - Healthcare DomainSA
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- FTGraduate IT Support OfficerNSW
- CCProgram Business AnalystVIC
- FTDynamics Project ManagerNSW
- FTIT Support - Level 1NSW
- FTManager, Applications SpecialistNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Enterprise Java Beans/J2EE) 160601/AP/982Asia
- FTCloud ArchitectAsia
- CCSenior Automation & Performance EngineerVIC
- FTWeb & Mobile Solutions DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, ReportingNSW