Apple will be playing a larger role in the development of Bluetooth as the company pushes into wearable technology, home automation and more.
Backers of Bluetooth plan to give the technology a way to form mesh networks, dramatically extending its range and potentially its role in the Internet of Things.
Bluetooth 4.1, due out by the end of the year, will directly connect devices to cloud services.
A satellite operator's proposal to offer an extra channel of Wi-Fi might actually give average Wi-Fi and Bluetooth users less bandwidth, according to some industry groups that have commented on the plan in filings to the FCC.
Bluetooth 4.0, which can be found inside the iPhone 4S and the latest MacBook Air and Mac Mini, is being rebranded by the group that controls the technology.
The fight is on for wireless device-to-device networking supremacy between a refreshed incumbent, Bluetooth 4.0, and a newcomer, Wi-Fi Direct. Both specifications are promising to make it easier for you to quickly transfer pictures, files and other ...
Remember wristwatches? With the surge in smartphones and their instant access to time and other information, fewer people seem to wear a watch these days.
Bluetooth is being primed to boldly go where it has never gone before.
The Bluetooth 4.0 low-power wireless networking specification has been approved, and the technology will start appearing in devices such as smart meters and laptops later this year, the Bluetooth Special Interest Group said on Wednesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AC5300 Router review: Linksys EA9500 vs. Netgear Nighthawk X8 vs. D-Link DIR-895L
- Common hardware causes Windows 10 Anniversary Update crashes, again
- AMD rockets past 100 FreeSync displays as Lenovo jumps on board
- Why Apple Watch 2 doesn't need cellular anyway
- Seagate Barracuda Pro 10TB hard drive review: Vast and amazingly fast (for a hard drive)
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- CCCustomer Service RepresentativeQLD
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- FTSAP BASIS HANA ConsultantNSW
- FTApplication AdministratorACT
- CCIT Program Manager - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Cognos/JAVA/J2EE) 160831/SA/122Asia
- FTDigital Product Owner | Advertising Technology | SearchNSW
- CCITIL- Technical Release CoordinatorNSW
- CCInfrastructure Designer - AWSNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/MySQL/PHP) 160819/SA/173Asia
- FTTM1 Solution DesignerNSW
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- CCFull stack Java Developer- NoSQL database, Amazon AWS productsNSW
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- FTChange Management Specialist - IT Service ManagementNSW
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- CCService Desk Consultant_Level 1ACT
- FTTest EngineerNSW
- CCSystems Analyst (IT Security/Network & Systems) 160826/SA/652Asia
- CCSenior Manager - Infrastructure Supply ChainNSW
- FTTandem/NonStop Technical ConsultantWA
- CCSolution Designer - Windows UpgradeNSW