Apple will be playing a larger role in the development of Bluetooth as the company pushes into wearable technology, home automation and more.
Backers of Bluetooth plan to give the technology a way to form mesh networks, dramatically extending its range and potentially its role in the Internet of Things.
Bluetooth 4.1, due out by the end of the year, will directly connect devices to cloud services.
A satellite operator's proposal to offer an extra channel of Wi-Fi might actually give average Wi-Fi and Bluetooth users less bandwidth, according to some industry groups that have commented on the plan in filings to the FCC.
Bluetooth 4.0, which can be found inside the iPhone 4S and the latest MacBook Air and Mac Mini, is being rebranded by the group that controls the technology.
The fight is on for wireless device-to-device networking supremacy between a refreshed incumbent, Bluetooth 4.0, and a newcomer, Wi-Fi Direct. Both specifications are promising to make it easier for you to quickly transfer pictures, files and other ...
Remember wristwatches? With the surge in smartphones and their instant access to time and other information, fewer people seem to wear a watch these days.
Bluetooth is being primed to boldly go where it has never gone before.
The Bluetooth 4.0 low-power wireless networking specification has been approved, and the technology will start appearing in devices such as smart meters and laptops later this year, the Bluetooth Special Interest Group said on Wednesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- ASUS launches world’s first liquid-cooled gaming laptop
- JB Hi-Fi reaches $2bn revenue mark for 2016 half-year results
- Optus moves into wearables space with Cash by Optus
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go', are all our jobs next?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCInformation ArchitectQLD
- CCDesktop Support L1, 2 & 3NSW
- FTChange & Communications OfficerQLD
- CCImmediate iOS Developer Required - Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTApplication Packaging & Deployments Team LeaderNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCOpen_5pm 5th February_Program ArchitectACT
- CCCommercial Manager - Strategy / Big Data - Telecommunications -NSW
- FTCyber Security SpecialistNSW
- FTIT Support AnalystNSW
- FTJunior Developer | C#, MVC & SQL | Class FinanceNSW
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst (Telecommunications) / Melb CBDVIC
- CCService EngineerVIC
- CCFront End Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW
- CCiOS Developer - New AppNSW
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA
- FTIT Technical LeadVIC
- CCSAP Basis Admin with JavaACT
- CCSenior Project Manager - DigitalVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - Cloud / Telecommunications (Melb CBD)VIC
- CCSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Crystal Report) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- CCTest AnalystACT