Apple will be playing a larger role in the development of Bluetooth as the company pushes into wearable technology, home automation and more.
Backers of Bluetooth plan to give the technology a way to form mesh networks, dramatically extending its range and potentially its role in the Internet of Things.
Bluetooth 4.1, due out by the end of the year, will directly connect devices to cloud services.
A satellite operator's proposal to offer an extra channel of Wi-Fi might actually give average Wi-Fi and Bluetooth users less bandwidth, according to some industry groups that have commented on the plan in filings to the FCC.
Bluetooth 4.0, which can be found inside the iPhone 4S and the latest MacBook Air and Mac Mini, is being rebranded by the group that controls the technology.
The fight is on for wireless device-to-device networking supremacy between a refreshed incumbent, Bluetooth 4.0, and a newcomer, Wi-Fi Direct. Both specifications are promising to make it easier for you to quickly transfer pictures, files and other ...
Remember wristwatches? With the surge in smartphones and their instant access to time and other information, fewer people seem to wear a watch these days.
Bluetooth is being primed to boldly go where it has never gone before.
The Bluetooth 4.0 low-power wireless networking specification has been approved, and the technology will start appearing in devices such as smart meters and laptops later this year, the Bluetooth Special Interest Group said on Wednesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Roving Rachel's best crowd-funded travel products that are online right now
- Optus looks to lock in EPL fans with new bundles
- How Intel knocked itself out of the smartphone chip market
- Steam updates user reviews to better reflect trends
- May the Fourth be with you: 4 Star Wars tech tributes you can actually use
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- CCL3 - Network Design and Support EngineerNSW
- FTService Coordinator/Scheduler | IT Managed Service ProviderVIC
- FTSenior Middleware Lead Shared Services (Support and EngineeringVIC
- CCDesktop Engineer, renewable contractAsia
- FTMultiple opportunities for Front and Back end Web DevelopersVIC
- FTManager; Enterprise ArchitectureNSW
- CCSr. Business Analyst - ServicePLUSVIC
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCBusiness Project ManagerAsia
- FTOIM Specialist- Oracle Identity and Access Management 11Gr2NSW
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- FTSoftware (.Net) DeveloperACT
- CCRemedy AdministratorNSW
- CCSystems TrainerVIC
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer(IBM DB2/WebSphere)160419/STSE/vmtAsia
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Master Data OfficerNSW
- CCIBM MDM SpecialistVIC
- CCSAP HR & Payroll consultant - July STARTACT
- CCSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC
- CCMEAN Stack DeveloperVIC