The majority of Android devices currently in use contain a vulnerability that allows malware to completely hijack installed apps and their data or even the entire device.
A second vulnerability that can be exploited to modify legitimate Android apps without breaking their digital signatures has been identified and publicly documented.
Technical details and a proof-of-concept exploit have been published for a recently announced Android vulnerability that potentially affects millions of devices and allows attackers to turn legitimate apps into Trojan programs.
A vulnerability that has existed in Android for the past four years can allow hackers to modify any legitimate and digitally signed application in order to transform it into a Trojan program that can be used to steal data or take control of the OS.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Asus ROG teases a massive gaming notebook that outperforms Titan X
- Dell's 4-screen multimonitor setup looks like one enormous 43-inch display
- Microsoft has been conning Windows users for two months
- New ads in Google Maps might suggest a pit stop at McDonalds
- Twitter introduces 4 big changes that will make tweets much easier to send and read
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- FTCloud ArchitectAsia
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCSenior IT Security Specialist-SANS, ISC2, ISACA, ITILNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Enterprise ApplicationsNSW
- CCChange Manager - SAP FinanceNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- CCDomain Specialist | Multiple RolesVIC
- CCSnr Technology Analyst Disaster RecoveryVIC
- CCSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- FTSharepoint Developer - O365NSW
- CCHastus AdministratorVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS SQL Server/C#.NET)160520/AP/vmtAsia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/Orcale/MySQL) 160531/SA/253Asia
- CCPHP / Magento E-Commerce DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Technical LeadACT
- CCTechnology Lead / Senior Developer - Java (Urgent)NSW
- CCAmazon Web Services (AWS) IT SupportWA
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCNetwork Architect VoiceNSW
- FTRelease Planning LeadVIC