The majority of Android devices currently in use contain a vulnerability that allows malware to completely hijack installed apps and their data or even the entire device.
A second vulnerability that can be exploited to modify legitimate Android apps without breaking their digital signatures has been identified and publicly documented.
Technical details and a proof-of-concept exploit have been published for a recently announced Android vulnerability that potentially affects millions of devices and allows attackers to turn legitimate apps into Trojan programs.
A vulnerability that has existed in Android for the past four years can allow hackers to modify any legitimate and digitally signed application in order to transform it into a Trojan program that can be used to steal data or take control of the OS.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Kogan Mobile upgrades to 4G network
- Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- MIT uses 4D maps to help robot teams navigate moving obstacles
- A new AMD licensing deal could create more x86 rivals for Intel
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCOperational Team LeadVIC
- CCInfrastructure Engineer - Windows, VMWare, HyperVWA
- CCSenior Technical WriterVIC
- CCSenior AGILE Business AnalystNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCTest Analyst - Contact Centre TechnologiesVIC
- FTTechnical Lead (Guidewire Policy Center)NSW
- CCLead Administrator - Network and SecurityNSW
- FTSecurity Accreditation - IT Security AnalystACT
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCWeb Content Developer- Angular, PHP, interface backgroundNSW
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnology Risk ManagerNSW
- CCFull Stack Developers - JavaNSW
- CCJava Developer - multiple opportunitiesNSW
- CCNV2 - System Administration / Application SupportACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160428/AP/143Asia
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team Lead | Blackburn | Managed Service ProviderVIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantSA
- FTTrading System QAAsia
- CCJava Developer- 12 month contractNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager, Technology Upgrade & RefreshNSW