Sony Australia today announced the release of three new Blu-ray players: the BDP-S360, BDP-S560 and BDP-S760.
You'll soon be able to control Blu-ray content right from your iPhone. Universal has announced plans to launch a new series of iPhone apps that'll interact with its Blu-ray movie releases. The apps will allow you to tap into interactive features and ...
Exactly a year and five months after Toshiba brought an end to the high-definition disc format war, the Japanese consumer electronics company confirmed its plans to produce its own Blu-ray Disc player. Previously, rumors trickled in about Toshiba con...
The Digital Entertainment Group released its midyear report today, and Blu-ray Disc is a noteworthy bright spot.
The Watchmen Director's Cut is coming to Blu-ray in late July and will include a feature that allows you to sync your BD-Live buddies and Facebook friends into one list. This means you can use Warner Home Video's live community screening feature (LCS...
China could gradually become a big market for Blu-ray Disc, but for now the optical disc format faces the problems of thrifty buyers, piracy and a competing Chinese disc format for playing high-definition video.
General Electric Global Research says it has figured out a way to put up to 500GB of data on a regular-sized DVD disc under laboratory conditions. GE says its breakthrough was achieved by writing 3-dimensional patterns that represent data onto a disc...
Will Blu-ray finally get some respect? The high-definition optical disc format has long been the whipping boy of media pundits, many of whom predict consumers will spurn Blu-ray and gravitate instead toward video-on-demand, online download, and movie...
Panasonic Australia has announced three new Blu-ray players, including the world's first portable model, the DMP-B15.
Panasonic Australia today launched two new Blu-ray disc recorders, the DMR-BW750 and DMR-BW850. The Panasonic DMR-BW750 is equipped with a 250GB hard drive (HDD) while the Panasonic DMR-BW850 comes with 500GB of onboard memory. Both models are VIERA...
Sony today announced it will inject 20,000 new Blu-ray players into Australian homes via a new Bravia TV promotion.
Sales and rentals of Blu-ray Disc content almost tripled in 2008 despite an overall downturn in the U.S. home entertainment market, an industry association reported at last week's Consumer Electronics Show.
At the Consumer Electronics Show Wednesday, LG introduced two Blu-ray players that offer access to on-demand streaming content from Netflix, CinemaNow, and YouTube. LG also took the wraps off three new Blu-ray Disc Home Theater Systems.
Back before Thanksgiving I predicted that Blu-ray sales would suffer during the holiday season due to the high cost of both the player and HDTVs combined with the current economic recession, among other reasons. But after seeing the report from the ...
Pioneer is now showcasing the biggest Blu-ray disc ever that can hold 400 GB worth of data. The technology features 16 separate layers on a single-side Blu-ray disc with 25 GB storage capacity on each layer, which totals 400 GB. Metal Gear Solid crea...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- This week in games: Forza Horizon 3 gets Hot Wheels, Terry Crews gets a wild Old Spice PC
- Radeon owners rebel when AMD drivers stealth drop Quake Champions links on desktops
- Surface sales sag and Windows Phones fade, as Microsoft's hardware business takes a hit
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTService Delivery ManagerNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCUser ResearchNSW
- CCSystems AdminNSW
- FTAnalyst Programmer - Mulesoft Focus x 3NSW
- CCTibco Integration Specialist l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTImplementation Consultant - SMSF SoftwareNSW
- CCICT Project CoordinatorNSW
- FTTest Analyst - HCMSNSW
- TPBusiness Intelligence AnalystQLD
- FTSAP ABAP Technical specialistACT
- CCDigital Solution ArchitectNSW
- TPSecurity Controls Specialist - ISO 27002VIC
- TPEducation TechnologistNSW
- FTUX DesignerNSW
- FTJava Technical Team LeadVIC
- FTICT Relationship Manager - Service Delivery EnvironmentNSW
- FTHelpdesk AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Test Analyst - Gov & Remedy/Service Now backgroundNSW
- CCSolution Designer with PEGA experience- TelcoVIC
- PTProject ManagerNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Network Operations/Design - TelcoVIC
- FTFront End .Net Developer. Permanent jobACT
- CCTibco Integration Specialist l Port MacquarieNSW