Hitachi LG Data Storage Korea is presenting a first-of-its-kind product at Computex this week, an Blu-ray Disc optical drive that combines a solid-state drive.
The Blu-ray Disc format will soon be able to perform some nifty tricks--if manufacturers adopt new specifications that the Blu-ray Disc Association, the format's governing body, is likely to finalize soon. For starters, Blu-ray disc capacity could ju...
The Blu-ray Disc Association this week announced plans to release a new commercial high-definition disc format that will offer up to 128GB of write-once capacity within months.
Ruslan Kogan, founder and director of Kogan Technologies, yesterday announced a price drop across his company’s consumer electronics range. The announcement was made at Kickstart Forum 2010 Queensland, where key journalists and vendors meet to discus...
Sony took a lead in pushing 3D movies to homes, announcing on Wednesday a new Blu-ray Disc player and upgrades to existing players so that they will be able to show high-definition 3D movies too.
Blu-ray Discs based on a new format for 3D video will be on show at January's Consumer Electronics Show.
Japanese computer peripheral maker Buffalo revealed Thursday a new Blu-ray burner, capable of reaching impressive 12x write speeds when used with USB 3.0.
Samsung Electronics Co. announced its first dual function internal Blu-ray disc player, the SH-B083 COMBO, that reads Blu-ray discs and reads and writes to CD and DVD format discs.
Want to watch Blu-ray flicks on your Sony PlayStation Portable? Okay, you can't watch them natively on the handheld--the system tops out at 480x272 lines of resolution, after all. But according to Sony Pictures Home Entertainment and Sony Computer En...
Sharp has launched locally the first LED-backlit LCD television with an integrated Blu-ray disc player, the 40in AQUOS LC-40LB700X. This television has a six star energy rating, 100Hz motion control and multimedia connectivity.
The Laptop Hunters be darned, Apple is not just a brand for the rich and trendy.
Toshiba showed its first Blu-ray Disc player and laptop computer on Thursday, less than a month after confirming it was putting the high-def disc format battle behind it by joining the Blu-ray Disc Association.
Sony will next year launch a television capable of showing 3D images, it said on Wednesday at the IFA electronics fair in Berlin. The TV will be the first step in what is expected to be a big push by the consumer electronics company to popularize 3D ...
Despite a rapid rise in the sale of consumer Blu-ray Disc players due to a drop in prices and an increase in high-definition movie content, Blu-ray players in PCs are not seeing any significant increase in sales, according to iSuppli Corp.
Sony Australia today announced the release of three new Blu-ray players: the BDP-S360, BDP-S560 and BDP-S760.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: The busiest, biggest and best Samsung phablet
- 3 Aldi's $279 Bauhn Sphere review: Disappointing
- 4 Nokia Lumia 735 review: Perfectly ordinary
- 5 Bowers & Wilkins P5 (Series 2) review: For elegant sound
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Syrian Electronic Army posts hacking message on several news sites
- Fastest LTE speed will be out of reach for most users
- EU net neutrality discussions to continue into the next year
- Over 23,000 Web servers infected with CryptoPHP backdoor
- Panasonic opens smart town targeting zero-emission houses
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW
- FTSEO Content ExecutiveVIC
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTPartnership Manager - MediaNSW
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW