Optical discs like Blu-ray are losing favor, but Sony and Panasonic don't seem to care. The companies have cranked up the storage capacity on optical media to a stunning 3.3TB.
Microsoft recently said that the Xbox One will be a giant brick until it receives a mandatory Day One update when it debuts next Friday, November 22, and even that crucial patch won't give the console the ability to play 3D Blu-ray movies--at least f...
Pioneer Electronics has announced two new 3D Blu-ray players for the Australian market, the Pioneer BDP-LX54 (RRP $599) and Pioneer BDP-430 (RRP $499). Both players come equipped with 3D Blu-ray Disc playback, advanced audio capabilities, 1080p upsca...
Hard to believe that just five years ago at CES, the Blu-ray Disc specification first announced. And five years on, with one format war under our belt, and another scuffle brewing, Blu-ray is in fact doing very well.
Hitachi-LG Data Storage has developed a prototype data storage device that can automatically back up unused data to Blu-ray Disc cartridges, each capable of holding one terabyte (1TB) of data.
Sony will launch an external Blu-ray Disc rewritable drive this month that can burn BD-R discs that support 6X speed, but users hoping for fast transfers might encounter a bottleneck in the form of their computer.
Sony's long-promised 3D Blu-ray update for the PS3 rolls out today, sooner than originally expected, and all it'll cost you is the time it takes to apply a firmware update.
Intel's upcoming next-generation laptop chips will have a dozen new features to improve graphics performance and will be able to play Blu-ray 3D movies, the company said on Thursday.
Samsung took the wraps off what the company touted as the "first portable Blu-ray player with 3D capability," but there's a catch: You have to connect it to a 3D-capable TV and watch the Blu-ray content on that screen with Samsung's 3D active shutter...
Samsung has brought out its first portable Blu-ray 3D player, as well as 3D TVs priced starting at US$1,099, in an effort to make 3D products accessible to buyers.
The storage capacity of Blu-ray discs is doubling, with companies including Sharp, TDK and Verbatim preparing to launch new discs that can store up to 100GB of data.
3D TV shipments are on the rise with the availability of more TV models and increasing movie and sports content in 3D, research firm DisplaySearch said on Wednesday.
Sharp recently announced that it will be the first Blu-ray disc maker to launch a recordable triple layer Blu-ray format with 100GB of storage capacity--twice the capacity of current Blu-ray discs.
Samsung Semiconductor Monday introduced a handful of new hard disks and optical drives, including a 3.5-inch desktop PC drive which it bills as the world's fastest Blu-ray drive on the market.
Sony's plans for 3D entertainment begin coming together on Thursday as the company kicks off sales of 3D televisions and begins offering 3D games for its PlayStation 3 console.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Kogan Mobile upgrades to 4G network
- Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- MIT uses 4D maps to help robot teams navigate moving obstacles
- A new AMD licensing deal could create more x86 rivals for Intel
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProject Coordinator (urgent) - Digital - Blue chip companyNSW
- FTSenior Middleware Lead Shared Services (Support and EngineeringVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CC.NET Developer (Application production Support)NSW
- CCMarketing Communications Specialist - Global IT CompanyNSW
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA
- CCNV1 | System admin with SQL server experience for Defence Application SupportACT
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- CCChange Manager x 2NSW
- FTTechnical/Team Lead - .NetNSW
- CCJava Developer (front end)WA
- CCWindows Server EngineerNSW
- FTAGILE Training Manager/CoachNSW
- FTSenior Storage Systems EngineerACT
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- FTTrading System QAAsia
- CCSenior Implementation AnalystNSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- FTService Coordinator/Scheduler | IT Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCMicrosoft Server EngineerWA