The next generation of IBM's X-series servers will be able to accommodate solid-state Flash drives clipped into their DIMM memory slots, potentially improving the response times of fast-paced enterprise applications.
Hewlett-Packard has announced a multi-year effort to port its Nonstop server systems, used by banks, telcos and other businesses that need maximum reliability, from Intel's Itanium architecture to x86.
Hewlett-Packard has joined Nvidia's growing Grid alliance, equipping a Gen8 Proliant blade server with graphics boards that can speed up and lower the cost of virtual desktop deployments.
Hewlett Packard and Japan's NEC will expand their existing partnership to develop high-end x86-based servers for cloud and Web applications.
SPEC, the standards body for performance benchmarks, has released a new toolkit that should help customers choose the most energy-efficient server for the workloads they need to run.
Latest News Articles
- Toshiba Encore 2: it's bigger than the original, but is it actually a downgrade?
- MiPad: Xiaomi's first tablet reviewed
- Goodwill Industries investigates suspected payment card breach
- Black Hat presentation on TOR suddenly cancelled
- Report: Apple's new iPhone 6 could have biggest initial production
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Buying guide: Ovens, cooktops and freestanding cookers (upright ranges)
- 2 The most disturbing YouTube videos of all time
- 3 Microsoft WPC 2014: Cloud message resonating with Microsoft partners
- 4 Tethering tutorial: How to use your iPhone as a modem
- 5 How to connect your iPhone to your TV
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
- Notebooks View all »
- 5% off $1699 free shipping
- Tablets View all »
- Mobile Phones View all »
- TVs View all »
- Digital Cameras View all »