The next generation of IBM's X-series servers will be able to accommodate solid-state Flash drives clipped into their DIMM memory slots, potentially improving the response times of fast-paced enterprise applications.
Hewlett-Packard has announced a multi-year effort to port its Nonstop server systems, used by banks, telcos and other businesses that need maximum reliability, from Intel's Itanium architecture to x86.
Hewlett-Packard has joined Nvidia's growing Grid alliance, equipping a Gen8 Proliant blade server with graphics boards that can speed up and lower the cost of virtual desktop deployments.
Hewlett Packard and Japan's NEC will expand their existing partnership to develop high-end x86-based servers for cloud and Web applications.
SPEC, the standards body for performance benchmarks, has released a new toolkit that should help customers choose the most energy-efficient server for the workloads they need to run.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
- 3 LG G3 review
- 4 Nokia Lumia 930 review
- 5 Asus G550JK gaming notebook
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Google to build quantum computing processors
- Sonos speakers now run on Wi-Fi with no Bridge required
- Home Depot investigates possible payment data breach
- Sony joins AllSeen Alliance to push for common ground in IoT
- Groups: FCC shouldn't overturn state laws against municipal broadband
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.