If you are trying to decide whether to buy a new iPhone 5, or wait for the iPhone 5S or iPhone 6, or buy one of those other smartphones, one of the factors affecting your decision may be whether the BBM instant messaging service from BlackBerry will ...
Is anything secure anymore? The National Security Agency (NSA) leaks have produced a number of side effects. What we assumed was a safe form of communications is perhaps not so secure after all. The gold standard of secure mobile messaging, BlackBerr...
BlackBerry will not be upgrading its PlayBook tablet to BB10, backpedaling on past promises to bring its latest and greatest OS to the tablet.
BlackBerry shipped 6.8 million smartphones and recorded a US$84 million loss during the three months to June 1, as it struggles to turn around its fortunes.
The iPhone 5 has been named the slowest of the seven most popular smartphones, in an incendiary new group test article by Which? magazine.
BlackBerry continues to expand its support for Android and iOS with Secure Work Space, which separates work and personal apps and data, as the company tries to hold on to enterprise users by becoming more platform neutral.
The richer the area, the higher iPhone use tends to be, whereas Google Android devices show greater use in poor regions. That's according to a map-plotting program that explores Twitter use across the globe by mobile operating system.
BlackBerry's new Q10 smartphone will officially be launched in Australia next month, the company has announced. It will be available through Optus and Telstra from Monday, July 1, and Tuesday, July 2, respectively.
BlackBerry Messenger, a free messaging and social networking app for BlackBerry devices, will arrive at iOS and Android app stores at some point, but not on 27 June.
Emerging markets and lower prices will push worldwide smartphone shipments close to the billion-unit level this year, according to the latest forecast by IDC.
The smartphone of the future is going to require a "revolution" in thinking about technical design and "not enough people are prepared" for the challenges coming in here years, the president of Samsung Electronics said in his keynote at the Design Au...
Ever since BlackBerry first launched its PlayBook tablet back in April 2011, the company's tablet strategy has been flawed.
Microsoft continues to be an industry leader, generating healthy profits from sales of its Windows operating system and productivity software, such as Office. But Microsoft could learn a lesson from BlackBerry's ongoing problems.
In March, Twitter announced that it would be shutting down its TweetDeck iOS and Android apps. That's bad news for TweetDeck devotees, but good news for Twitter--I'm betting that the social network plans to funnel users to its own app, which offers b...
Devices built around Apple's iOS operating system have been approved by the U.S. Department of Defense for use on its networks, as the department moves to support multivendor mobile devices and operating systems.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Best Travel SIMs for Japan
- AMD drops Radeon RX 460, RX 470 prices ahead of Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1050 launch
- AT&T will acquire Time Warner for US$85.4b in content play
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- iPads and Apple TV aimed at transforming patient care
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTInformation Architect, DataNSW
- CCUnix Project LeadNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- CCDigital Producer - 3 Month Contract Immediate Start!NSW
- CCTesting Capability LeadNSW
- FTJava Script, Frontend Developer- DynamoDB or MongoDBNSW
- FTProduct ManagerVIC
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Wealth/Super backgroundNSW
- CCNetwork Capacity PlannerVIC
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Siebel Business AnalystACT
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystVIC
- CCSystem & Network EngineerVIC
- FTIntegration SpecialistSA
- CCIT Senior Systems Administrator- Server Patching RemediationNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (12-Month Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCSenior Java Developer-Java SE 8, HTTP APIs, Protocol BuffersNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Programmer (HTML5/Java/Oracle) 161031/P/551Asia
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCSAP ERP ArchitectNSW
- CCSitecore DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTDelivery LeadNSW