Mobile giant Samsung Electronics reportedly approached rival BlackBerry with a buyout proposal worth as much as $US7.5 billion, according to a Reuters news report.
BlackBerry is taking the same approach with its Internet of Things platform, launched Wednesday at International CES, as it is with its handset business: Aim at its core markets.
BlackBerry's revenue continued its dive in the three months to Nov. 29, but on Friday the company reported a smaller loss than a year earlier.
From rattled airline passengers who fear the coming of smartphones to jurors who don't know a smartphone from a tablet, here are some of the colorful quotes from IT news in 2014.
Having to remember multiple passwords may soon be a thing of the past.
BlackBerry is now free to integrate German security vendor Secusmart's voice encryption technology on its smartphones and software, after the German government approved its acquisition of the company.
Samsung Electronics' deal with BlackBerry and Apple's efforts to make it easier to configure and deploy massive numbers of iPhones highlight how the smartphone makers are battling for supremacy among enterprise users.
Taking a page from the Snapchat playbook, BlackBerry will let BBM messaging service users control how long messages and pictures can be viewed, hoping the feature, along with other new capabilities, will result in a new revenue stream.
BlackBerry does an about-face, back towards its enterprise roots.
BlackBerry's focus on strong security as a key differentiator for its devices does not mean that they're completely free of flaws. The company released security updates Tuesday for both the OS running on its smartphones and for its enterprise server ...
Now that BlackBerry has fallen significantly behind Apple and Google in the race to offer features and third-party apps for its smartphones, the company is concentrating on providing devices that, it claims, have the strongest available security -- t...
Businesses wanting the security of BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 without the complexity of managing it onsite can now buy it as a hosted service from six BlackBerry partners.
BlackBerry has recruited a new chief operating officer, Marty Beard, recently CEO of cloud customer service company LiveOps and before that an executive at Sybase.
An earnings miss by Oracle is usually enough to send tech market forecasters back to their spreadsheets with furrowed brows. But despite the enterprise software giant's weaker-than-expected financials, there was enough good news on the tech sales fro...
BlackBerry managed to turn the tide toward a small profit during its fiscal first quarter, but revenue and phone sales continued to drop.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- This week in games: Forza Horizon 3 gets Hot Wheels, Terry Crews gets a wild Old Spice PC
- Radeon owners rebel when AMD drivers stealth drop Quake Champions links on desktops
- Surface sales sag and Windows Phones fade, as Microsoft's hardware business takes a hit
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- CCSenior Full Stack Web DeveloperACT
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- TPSenior Project Officer HSQQLD
- TPWeb DeveloperNSW
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- FTEngineer Control Systems SpecialistSA
- FTSolution Architect (Voice/DATA/Network)SA
- FTWindows Server Engineer MCSE, SCCM, SCOM, PowershellNSW
- TPTest and Support AnalystQLD
- CCIT End to End UX Designer.VIC
- CCServer SOE EngineerACT
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)ACT
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystSA
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTC# DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Data Warehouse ConsultantNSW
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- FTSAP Solution ArchitectsACT
- TPFront-End DeveloperNSW
- FTHelp Desk/ Desktop SupportSA
- FTVDI EngineerACT