BlackBerry managed to turn the tide toward a small profit during its fiscal first quarter, but revenue and phone sales continued to drop.
The BlackBerry 10 OS will soon have Amazon's Android app store built-in, in a bid to increase the number of apps available on the smartphone and allow BlackBerry to focus on enterprise software as it tries to stay afloat.
BlackBerry says it can take back-end software development off the to-do lists of enterprises that want to take advantage of the Internet of Things.
BlackBerry is working on an unannounced smartphone that has a 4.5-inch screen with a 1440 by 1440 pixel resolution, as evidenced by the latest version of the company's SDK (software development kit).
BlackBerry is allowing rivals AirWatch, Citrix, SAP and IBM to directly manage its smartphones with the Blackberry 10 operating system as part of its strategy to open up management of its devices to third parties.
Microsoft, Google, Intel, BlackBerry and others bid farewell to brands, projects and more.
VMware is leaning on AirWatch to let users access files from one place using virtual and physical clients and let admins manage desktops in the same way they handle mobile devices.
Typo halted the sale of its add-on keyboard for the iPhone on Tuesday after an injunction took effect that bans it from being imported to the US.
BlackBerry has asked a California court to immediately block sales of an add-on iPhone keyboard made by Typo, alleging the startup backed by TV and radio personality Ryan Seacrest misled the court.
BlackBerry is not going to bail out of the handset business, but needs to return to its enterprise roots to reverse its slide, according to CEO John Chen.
BlackBerry released a security update for its BlackBerry 10 OS to address a critical vulnerability that could allow remote attackers to execute arbitrary code on affected devices.
A jury in Florida has decided in favor of BlackBerry in a patent dispute with NXP.
T-Mobile's CEO John Legere said Thursday he was disappointed with BlackBerry's decision this week to split with the carrier, and offered credits to hold on to dedicated BlackBerry users among its customers.
BlackBerry will not renew the license of T-Mobile US to sell its products when it expires later this month, the smartphone maker said.
A California judge has granted BlackBerry's wish to temporarily halt sales of an iPhone keyboard produced by start-up Typo Products while the two companies argue over alleged copyright infringement.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Ford Focus ST (2015) review: Absolutely mental styling, engine, handling
- 2 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
- 3 Playing chicken with a Tesla Model S
- 4 Audi TT (2015) review: A smarter take on the sports coupe
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft bests Google in patent case appeal
- Yahoo picks up fashion commerce site Polyvore
- Mt. Gox CEO Karpeles arrested by Japanese police
- Facebook says Flash security woes could hurt its business
- IBM fattens patent portfolio in cloud tech
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW