BlackBerry surprised Wall Street by getting its bottom line back into the black in the fourth quarter, but sales shrunk significantly again, putting in question CEO John Chen's assertion that the company's turnaround is on track.
BlackBerry is returning to the tablet market -- this time with the help of Samsung Electronics, IBM and Secusmart, the German encryption specialist BlackBerry bought last year.
BlackBerry isn't giving up on the smartphone market, and now hopes to make a mark with the Leap, an all-touch LTE device with a keen price tag.
Young professionals on a budget are being targeted by BlackBerry as it expands its inexpensive smartphone portfolio with a 5-inch device called the BlackBerry Leap.
BlackBerry has filed another lawsuit against the makers of the Typo keyboard, claiming that the new version of the iPhone accessory also copies its designs and patents.
BlackBerry has gone back to basics with the release of its Classic smartphone in Australia. Telstra is selling the QWERTY smartphone both online and in stores.
Ford drives into the Valley ... Oracle promises cheaper hardware ... Samsung-Blackberry deal still in play ... and more
BlackBerry CEO John Chen wants net neutrality to extend to content and applications, so that developers of apps for Android and iOS will be mandated to develop on the BlackBerry platform as well.
Intel earnings coming ... Xiaomi's phablet is thinner than iPhone 6 Plus ... Facebook goes for enterprise social network ... and more.
Samsung's reported offer of up to $US7.5 billion for BlackBerry may turn out to be only a rumor, but such a match might make sense for both sides.
Samsung Electronics and BlackBerry have both denied a report that they met to to discuss a proposed US$7.5 billion buyout by the South Korean powerhouse.
Mobile giant Samsung Electronics reportedly approached rival BlackBerry with a buyout proposal worth as much as $US7.5 billion, according to a Reuters news report.
BlackBerry is taking the same approach with its Internet of Things platform, launched Wednesday at International CES, as it is with its handset business: Aim at its core markets.
BlackBerry's revenue continued its dive in the three months to Nov. 29, but on Friday the company reported a smaller loss than a year earlier.
From rattled airline passengers who fear the coming of smartphones to jurors who don't know a smartphone from a tablet, here are some of the colorful quotes from IT news in 2014.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Roving Rachel's greatest crowd-funded travel products online right now
- Optus looks to lock in EPL fans with new bundles
- How Intel knocked itself out of the smartphone chip market
- Steam updates user reviews to better reflect trends
- May the Fourth be with you: 4 Star Wars tech tributes you can actually use
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager, Portfolio Services ManagementNSW
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- CC.NET Developer (Application production Support)NSW
- CCMEAN Stack DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- CCICT Transformation Project Manager- University, Education bckgNSW
- CCOnline Shop Operations Consultant (eCommerce)VIC
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- CCCommunication and Change ManagerVIC
- CCSr. Iteration ManagerVIC
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Prince2 & PMBoK shop | Huge project pipelineACT
- CCMicrosoft Server EngineerWA
- CCAEM/CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Writer - Sydney BasedNSW
- CCProduct SpecialistVIC
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- FTSoftware Design Engineer (Embedded Software)SA
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- FTGeneral Manager: Applications DevelopmentVIC
- CCSr. Project ManagerVIC