BlackBerry surprised Wall Street by getting its bottom line back into the black in the fourth quarter, but sales shrunk significantly again, putting in question CEO John Chen's assertion that the company's turnaround is on track.
BlackBerry is returning to the tablet market -- this time with the help of Samsung Electronics, IBM and Secusmart, the German encryption specialist BlackBerry bought last year.
BlackBerry isn't giving up on the smartphone market, and now hopes to make a mark with the Leap, an all-touch LTE device with a keen price tag.
Young professionals on a budget are being targeted by BlackBerry as it expands its inexpensive smartphone portfolio with a 5-inch device called the BlackBerry Leap.
BlackBerry has filed another lawsuit against the makers of the Typo keyboard, claiming that the new version of the iPhone accessory also copies its designs and patents.
BlackBerry has gone back to basics with the release of its Classic smartphone in Australia. Telstra is selling the QWERTY smartphone both online and in stores.
Ford drives into the Valley ... Oracle promises cheaper hardware ... Samsung-Blackberry deal still in play ... and more
BlackBerry CEO John Chen wants net neutrality to extend to content and applications, so that developers of apps for Android and iOS will be mandated to develop on the BlackBerry platform as well.
Intel earnings coming ... Xiaomi's phablet is thinner than iPhone 6 Plus ... Facebook goes for enterprise social network ... and more.
Samsung's reported offer of up to $US7.5 billion for BlackBerry may turn out to be only a rumor, but such a match might make sense for both sides.
Samsung Electronics and BlackBerry have both denied a report that they met to to discuss a proposed US$7.5 billion buyout by the South Korean powerhouse.
Mobile giant Samsung Electronics reportedly approached rival BlackBerry with a buyout proposal worth as much as $US7.5 billion, according to a Reuters news report.
BlackBerry is taking the same approach with its Internet of Things platform, launched Wednesday at International CES, as it is with its handset business: Aim at its core markets.
BlackBerry's revenue continued its dive in the three months to Nov. 29, but on Friday the company reported a smaller loss than a year earlier.
From rattled airline passengers who fear the coming of smartphones to jurors who don't know a smartphone from a tablet, here are some of the colorful quotes from IT news in 2014.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi gear driving strong WLAN equipment sales
- Microsoft declares 350M devices now on Windows 10
- Facebook chooses friends and family over celebrities in your feed, which is probably healthy
- Florida man sues Apple for $10 billion for 'stealing' his iPhone invention from 1992
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTBusiness Analyst - Toolset ReadinessNSW
- CCSAP Portal DeveloperVIC
- CCSolution DesignerNSW
- FTEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Applications SpecialistQLD
- CCHybrid Mobile App DeveloperNSW
- CCService Desk AnaystNSW
- FTTechnical Services ManagerACT
- CCIntegration ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst- Process Mapping Specialist- Gov / Bank backgdNSW
- CCOracle iLearning Business AnalystNSW
- FTAutomation Test Engineer | C#/.Net focusNSW
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- CCJunior PM/ConsultantACT
- FTNV2 Defence Project ManagerACT
- CCIT Change Manager - Western SydneyNSW
- CCIT Finance Systems Process AnalystNSW
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- FTLead Tableau Reporting ConsultantNSW
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- CCJava Developer with Oracle database experience | Defence intelligence | NV1ACT
- FTData Center Operator (1-Year Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCSenior Project Delivery ManagerACT
- FTSystems application support analystNSW