Devices built around Apple's iOS operating system have been approved by the U.S. Department of Defense for use on its networks, as the department moves to support multivendor mobile devices and operating systems.
BlackBerry has released the first major update to its BlackBerry 10 operating system for smartphones, less than two months after the company first unveiled it in Australia back in March.
Microsoft's Windows Phone may be struggling to gain a foothold in the US, but the software giant and Nokia are starting to see results on a global scale: Windows Phone was the third-most popular mobile smartphone operating system worldwide between Ja...
Google Android smartphones are dominating the market, according to the latest figures from Gartner. The numbers show that during the first quarter of 2013 Android smartphones accounted for 74.4 percent of global sales.
BlackBerry will launch BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) on both iOS and Android this summer.
If you can't beat 'em, develop for 'em. BlackBerry will bring its popular BlackBerry Messenger software to both iOS and Android devices.
BlackBerry's free Messenger service is being expanded to work with iOS and Android devices, the company announced today at its BlackBerry Live event.
The annual BlackBerry Live conference was kicked off Tuesday with the launch of a new 3.1-in. qwerty smartphone, the BlackBerry Q5, that's slated to go on sale this summer in emerging markets, but not in the U.S.
They're good enough for government work: The US Department of Defense has cleared use of devices running the BlackBerry 10 operating system and Samsung's secure version of Android called Knox.
Samsung's Knox system for Android devices gets approval for use in government and military like the BlackBerry, once the gold standard
The U.S. Department of Defense has cleared BlackBerry 10 smartphones and PlayBook tablets for use on its networks, amid reports that the department may also clear devices from Samsung Electronics and Apple.
Many BlackBerry 10 apps are not yet compatible with the new BlackBerry Q10, which raises a new software-related issue for BlackBerry: Not all BlackBerry 10 apps are compatible with all BlackBerry 10 smartphones.
BlackBerry and Samsung have separately launched security and management software with dual-personality features for their latest Z10 and Galaxy S4 smartphones, both designed to meet the demands of a growing BYOD marketplace.
Blackberry CEO Thorsten Heins has made a bold prediction:Tablets don't have much of a future.
BlackBerry needed to produce an updated qwerty device for its faithful base of 76 million subscribers, but it remains to be seen whether the Q10 will make serious inroads in reversing BlackBerry's decline.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- Smartwatches wear out their welcome with Motorola
- The mysteries of the GPU in Apple's iPhone 7 are unlocked
- Apple reportedly betting on drones and indoor data to make Maps better
- Apple now takes your old Apple Watch for free recycling
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCJava API DeveloperTAS
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- FTSAP Team Lead - Configuration ManagementACT
- FTSenior Manager AnalyticsVIC
- CCElectronic Medications Management Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCNetwork AnalystNSW
- CCJunior Desktop TechnicianACT
- CCIngres DeveloperSA
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedQLD
- CCSolution Architect-PHPNSW
- FTSoftware Developer - .NETNSW
- CCSecurity Architect Finance Contract Sydney CBDNSW
- CCIngres DeveloperWA
- FTTechnical Solutions Architect - CloudNSW
- FTIT Client Support AnalystNSW
- CCAdobe AEM DeveloperVIC
- CCJava Developer - Baseline Clearance requiredVIC
- FTTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- CCBusiness Development Manager | Digital MarketVIC
- FTAgile Business AnalystQLD
- CCWeb Analytics Specialist | 6 month contractNSW
- CCChange Manager (Office365) required for leading digital innovator in SydneyNSW
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- CCPerformance Test AnalystACT
- CCTelecom Riggers and TechniciansNSW