A look back at previous Black Hat conferences reveals why it's such a big draw – presenters continue to deliver briefings that shock, amaze and amuse. See how well you remember some notorious incidents by taking this quiz. Keep track of your score and see how you rate at the end of the slideshow.
black hat in pictures
The Windows 8 Secure Boot mechanism can be bypassed on PCs from certain manufacturers because of oversights in how those vendors implemented the Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) specification, according to a team of security researchers.
Attackers are actively targeting Internet-connected industrial control systems (ICS) in an effort to compromise their operation, according to data collected from a global network of honeypot systems that simulate water pumps.
Many door and window sensors, motion detectors and keypads that are part of security systems used in millions of homes and businesses can be bypassed by using relatively simple techniques, according to researchers from security consultancy firm Bisho...
A variety of network-controlled home automation devices lack basic security controls, making it possible for attackers to access their sensitive functions, often from the Internet, according to researchers from security firm Trustwave.
Sensors widely used in the energy industry to monitor industrial processes are vulnerable to attack from 40 miles away using radio transmitters, according to alarming new research.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Tab S: hands-on with Samsung's 2014 flagship tablet
- 2 Fetch TV set-top box
- 3 Dell Inspiron 15 5547 laptop
- 4 Samsung NX30 camera
- 5 ASUS T100 Transformer Book hybrid
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft sues Samsung, says it stopped paying for patents
- Judge approves Apple e-books price-fixing settlement
- HP's SlateBook 14 Android laptop ships, but with a higher price than expected
- Train robots hands-on to dump trash with this new OS
- Oregon's move from Oracle-developed site to Healthcare.gov on track, official says
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
- Notebooks View all »
- Tablets View all »
- Mobile Phones View all »
- TVs View all »
- Digital Cameras View all »