A look back at previous Black Hat conferences reveals why it's such a big draw – presenters continue to deliver briefings that shock, amaze and amuse. See how well you remember some notorious incidents by taking this quiz. Keep track of your score and see how you rate at the end of the slideshow.
black hat in pictures
An attack using the SMB file sharing protocol that has been believed to work only within local area networks for over a decade can also be executed over the Internet, two researchers showed at the Black Hat security conference.
A design flaw in the x86 processor architecture dating back almost two decades could allow attackers to install a rootkit in the low-level firmware of computers, a security researcher said Thursday. Such malware could be undetectable by security prod...
Many smart phone manufacturers preload remote support tools on their Android devices in an insecure way, providing a method for hackers to take control of the devices through rogue apps or even SMS messages.
Inherent insecurity in the routing protocol that links networks on the Internet poses a direct threat to the infrastructure that secures communications between users and websites.
File synchronization services, used to accommodate roaming employees inside organizations, can also be a weak point that attackers could exploit to remain undetected inside compromised networks.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Asus unveils Zenbo, a cute robot for the home priced at $599
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 review: The new people's champion topples Titans
- Powerful gaming PC backpacks are becoming a thing as VR craze swells
- Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1080 launches with limited stock, no custom-cooled variants
- Review: DJI’s Phantom 4 drone makes high-flying tech easier (video)
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCMobility SpcialistACT
- FTApplication Support EngineerVIC
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCApplication System EngineerACT
- CCSoftware Licensing AnalystVIC
- FTStibo PIM Consultant - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- CCCCB & MDM ConsultantNSW
- FTTechnical Team Lead - .Net / SharePointACT
- CCDeemed Order Business SpecialistVIC
- FTTester/Business AnalystWA
- CCTechnical Solutions Specialist - Software Developer (Client facing)NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS SQL Server/C#.NET)160520/AP/vmtAsia
- CCSecurity Administrative Support OfficerACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- CCICT Contracts and Procurement SpecialistACT
- CCNetwork Access Specialist - Telecommunications (Apply now)!!NSW
- CCWeb DeveloperACT
- CCOracle Applications Team LeadNSW
- CCQA OfficerACT
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- FTData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCSecurity Clearances Vetting Services OfficerACT
- CCTechnology Team Lead / Senior Developer - JavaNSW