Despite the significant Java security improvements made by Oracle during the past six months, Java vulnerabilities continue to represent a major security risk for organizations because most of them have outdated versions of the software installed on ...
The attacks discovered last week that exploited a previously unknown Java vulnerability were likely launched by the same attackers that previously targeted security firm Bit9 and its customers, according to researchers from antivirus vendor Symantec.
Bit9 said a common Web application vulnerability was responsible for allowing hackers to ironically use the security vendor's systems as a launch pad for attacks on other organizations.
Security vendor Bit9 promised to release limited details of a hack caused by a failure of the company to install the same security software on its own network that it sells to a handful of Fortune 500 companies.
According to a new report from Bit9 - a security vendor with a focus on defending against advanced persistent threats (APT) - there is a one in four chance that downloading an Android app from the official Google Play market could put you at risk. Bi...
Businesses are eyeing a transition to Microsoft Windows 7, and with a wealth of security features that are part of it, it's worth figuring out the good and bad about each of them, says Gartner analyst Neil MacDonald, who notes in some cases, third-pa...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- Smartwatches wear out their welcome with Motorola
- The mysteries of the GPU in Apple's iPhone 7 are unlocked
- Apple reportedly betting on drones and indoor data to make Maps better
- Apple now takes your old Apple Watch for free recycling
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCDesktop/Laptop Deployment TechnicianVIC
- CCSenior Web Content AuthorACT
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerVIC
- FTTechnology Portfolio - Investment AnalystACT
- CCWindows Systems Engineer - AD, VMware, RedHat experienceNSW
- CCHadoop Developer - Big DataNSW
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementNSW
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystVIC
- FTDesktop Delivery Team LeaderVIC
- CCProject Manager/Scrum MasterVIC
- TPSAP HR Payroll Functional ConsultantQLD
- FTField Systems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderNSW
- CCIT Systems AnalystACT
- CCTechnology Specialist-AWS MigrationNSW
- FTSenior Test Analyst (HL7)VIC
- FTServicing Financial Planner - CBDVIC
- TPMicrosoft Dynamics CRM Developer/ AdministratorWA
- FTSoftware DeveloperQLD
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)QLD
- CCService Desk Tier 3 EngineerQLD
- TPPHP Programmer - SeniorQLD
- CCUAT TesterQLD
- FTTelco TechnicianNSW
- CCIngres DeveloperNSW