Up and running for a month, Microsoft's Bing has upped the company's share of the U.S. search market by 1 per cent, Web analytics firm StatCounter said today.
Bing better deliver a bang for Microsoft.
Microsoft Corp. has added a separate domain to its Bing search service just for pornographic images and video.
Microsoft Corp.'s Bing search engine is off to a hearty start, according to yet another study.
Microsoft today said it had fixed a bug in Bing that had infuriated Internet Explorer 6 (IE6) users when they discovered that the company's new search engine had hijacked their browsers.
Web searches using the terms "sex" or "sexual" from India on Microsoft's new search engine Bing receive a message that the search may return sexually explicit content and advises users to change search terms.
Microsoft may have seemingly jumped the gun on Bing, the new search engine it unveiled to the public yesterday, but clearly it planned the early launch.
Microsoft's new search engine Bing is now live, two days ahead of schedule, available for anyone to use.
Two days earlier than expected, Microsoft Corp. had its new search engine - Bing - up and running.
If I was Microsoft, and I was coming out with a new search engine, I would make all efforts to disassociate it from the name Microsoft. Let's face it, when it comes to new tools, we all want the little guy to win. Now that Google is itself a monolith...
Microsoft has picked Bing as the branding for its new search engine, putting to rest months of speculation of what the next iteration of Live Search would be called.
Microsoft's latest vehicle for achieving the elusive goal of Web dominance is Bing. Previously known as Kumo while in development, Bing replaces Microsoft's Live Search brand and carries forward the company's strategy for taking on Google and Yahoo. ...
After weeks of speculation and pre-release ballyhoo by bloggers and online commentators, Microsoft Corp. this morning took the wraps off its new search site, Bing.
Microsoft's new search engine, Bing, will help the company gain some search share against Google and has features that users will find helpful, but it is in no way a quick fix for the company's poor position in the search market, analysts said.
The release of Wolfram Alpha Inc.'s WolframAlpha fact engine last week and the expected unveiling of Microsoft Corp.'s new search engine tomorrow are creating some unease for longtime search champ Google Inc.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: The busiest, biggest and best Samsung phablet
- 3 Aldi's $279 Bauhn Sphere review: Disappointing
- 4 Nokia Lumia 735 review: Perfectly ordinary
- 5 Bowers & Wilkins P5 (Series 2) review: For elegant sound
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Kraken to help probe missing bitcoins in MtGox liquidation
- UN committee calls on countries to protect right to privacy
- Sony to offer refunds over misleading PS Vita ads
- Kogan drops Agora 4G price, launches 4G+
- Wearable technology is more than displaying information: Jawbone
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTPartnership Manager - MediaNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTSEO Content ExecutiveVIC
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC