Windows 7 and Microsoft's new search engine, Bing, will be under close watch when the company reports its financial earnings this week.
Reports released this week showed that Microsoft Corp.'s Bing search tool continues to gain ground in the search engine wars, but how much ground is a bit up in the air.
Microsoft Corp.'s Bing has beaten Google Inc. to the punch.
Microsoft on Wednesday started adding some Twitter posts into Bing search results, gaining a bit of a leg up on competitors even though the capability is limited.
Up and running for a month, Microsoft's Bing has upped the company's share of the U.S. search market by 1 per cent, Web analytics firm StatCounter said today.
Bing better deliver a bang for Microsoft.
Microsoft Corp. has added a separate domain to its Bing search service just for pornographic images and video.
Microsoft Corp.'s Bing search engine is off to a hearty start, according to yet another study.
Microsoft today said it had fixed a bug in Bing that had infuriated Internet Explorer 6 (IE6) users when they discovered that the company's new search engine had hijacked their browsers.
Web searches using the terms "sex" or "sexual" from India on Microsoft's new search engine Bing receive a message that the search may return sexually explicit content and advises users to change search terms.
Microsoft may have seemingly jumped the gun on Bing, the new search engine it unveiled to the public yesterday, but clearly it planned the early launch.
Microsoft's new search engine Bing is now live, two days ahead of schedule, available for anyone to use.
Two days earlier than expected, Microsoft Corp. had its new search engine - Bing - up and running.
If I was Microsoft, and I was coming out with a new search engine, I would make all efforts to disassociate it from the name Microsoft. Let's face it, when it comes to new tools, we all want the little guy to win. Now that Google is itself a monolith...
Microsoft has picked Bing as the branding for its new search engine, putting to rest months of speculation of what the next iteration of Live Search would be called.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- How to stop websites from asking for your location in Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Opera, Safari
- Microsoft cuts off 40 percent of Windows phones with Creators Update shift
- Google will try to combat fake news using search and user feedback
- Wilson's Heart review: Not a perfect virtual reality game, but certainly the best so far
- Best Buy has knocked $50 off the Ring Video Doorbell Pro
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTNetwork Engineer - CCNP - WeipaQLD
- FTReporting DeveloperSA
- FTOracle E-Business Functional ConsultantVIC
- FTInformation Security ManagerACT
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)QLD
- FTSnr Technical Salesforce Consultant Global IT Managed Services - SydneyNSW
- CCPeoplesoft ConsultantNSW
- TPSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTSales Lead - Healthcare systemsVIC
- FTTechnical LeadVIC
- FTDigital Sales Account Manager - Global Ecommerce BrandNSW
- CCAutomation TesterNSW
- FTICT Transformation Integration ManagerNSW
- FTBI BA Consultant l Microstrategy, Business ObjectsNSW
- FTJava Team LeadVIC
- FTSenior Software Developer (C#.Net and VB.Net)SA
- FTSenior Functional Analyst - FinanceQLD
- CCNetwork Architect - SecurityVIC
- CCSenior Network Security EngineerNSW
- FTFront End .Net Developer. Permanent jobACT
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- TPProject Manager | HealthQLD
- CCFull Stack Developers x4!QLD
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW