Successful AI projects require more than just great algorithms or access to data scientists, writes Ray Wang of Constellation Research.
Top three questions answered as Redmond prepares to acquire social media giant.
Got privacy? You may think you do, but a recent experiment by a Russian photographer suggests otherwise.
Signals is a new textual analytics platform that aims to help users in businesses of any size crunch a wide variety of data without having to rely on highly trained data scientists or IT experts for help.
General Electric is introducing the Digital Power Plant, a real-time simulation of a physical power plant that lives in the cloud and allows for better management and less downtime.
Intel and Cloudera joined forces just a year ago to accelerate enterprise Hadoop adoption. Here’s how seven companies have taken advantage of new technology to drive Big Data.
It turns out that a vital missing ingredient in the long-sought after goal of getting machines to think like humans -- artificial intelligence -- has been lots and lots of data.
Many healthcare organisations like to talk about data analytics. However, here are eight pieces of expert advice to help you actually do it.
The Big Data space is heating up
Cloud, mobility, Big Data, SDN, wearables -- see what’s in store for 2014
Infor is buying PeopleAnswers, maker of software companies can use to analyze a job candidate's behavioral traits before deciding whether to make a hire. Terms of the deal, which was announced Wednesday, were not disclosed.
It's been one of the big buzzwords of 2013, but what does 2014 have in store for Big Data? CIO.com looks at 12 ways the technology and the market will evolve in the coming year.
Big or small, data can be difficult to visualise. These examples use heat maps to put massive data sets into a context that's easy to understand.
The Hadoop programming framework may be synonymous with the Big Data movement but it's not the only tool companies need to derive insights from massive stores of unstructured information, according to Facebook analytics chief, Ken Rudin.
Mobile operators collect huge amounts of data about how their subscribers use mobile data, and that information is starting to go on sale as targeted intelligence that enterprises can use to better reach consumers.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Twitter's Vine dies today, so download your videos pronto
- Nvidia's new Shield TV launches with HDR support, and connected home smarts on deck
- Why Linux users should worry about malware and what they can do about it
- A new Microsoft foldable device patent offers more grist for the Surface phone rumor mill
- Epson FastFoto FF-640 review: Quick, convenient photo scans don’t come cheap
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCProject/ Operational CoordinatorNSW
- CCProject Manager l Business Focused l Telco Activations - Pennant Hills locationNSW
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- FTLead Software Engineer - JavaQLD
- TPLevel 3 Systems EngineerWA
- CCProject SchedulerNSW
- TPBusiness Intelligence AnalystQLD
- FTInfrastructure Solution ArchitectSA
- FTOffice365 Solution SpecialistSA
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- TPProject CoordintorVIC
- TPProject Manager with a Development BackgroundQLD
- FTIT Information Security AdvisorNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- FTEnterprise Sales ManagerACT
- CCFIS Connex DeveloperQLD
- FTTechnical Account ManagerVIC
- TPSenior Project Manager - Digital Application CX TransformationNSW
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)NSW
- FTLife/400 Developers / Programmers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTFull Stack PHP DevelopersQLD
- FTService Delivery Manager - EnterpriseACT
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystNSW