Signals is a new textual analytics platform that aims to help users in businesses of any size crunch a wide variety of data without having to rely on highly trained data scientists or IT experts for help.
General Electric is introducing the Digital Power Plant, a real-time simulation of a physical power plant that lives in the cloud and allows for better management and less downtime.
Intel and Cloudera joined forces just a year ago to accelerate enterprise Hadoop adoption. Here’s how seven companies have taken advantage of new technology to drive Big Data.
It turns out that a vital missing ingredient in the long-sought after goal of getting machines to think like humans -- artificial intelligence -- has been lots and lots of data.
Many healthcare organisations like to talk about data analytics. However, here are eight pieces of expert advice to help you actually do it.
The Big Data space is heating up
Cloud, mobility, Big Data, SDN, wearables -- see what’s in store for 2014
Infor is buying PeopleAnswers, maker of software companies can use to analyze a job candidate's behavioral traits before deciding whether to make a hire. Terms of the deal, which was announced Wednesday, were not disclosed.
It's been one of the big buzzwords of 2013, but what does 2014 have in store for Big Data? CIO.com looks at 12 ways the technology and the market will evolve in the coming year.
Big or small, data can be difficult to visualise. These examples use heat maps to put massive data sets into a context that's easy to understand.
The Hadoop programming framework may be synonymous with the Big Data movement but it's not the only tool companies need to derive insights from massive stores of unstructured information, according to Facebook analytics chief, Ken Rudin.
Mobile operators collect huge amounts of data about how their subscribers use mobile data, and that information is starting to go on sale as targeted intelligence that enterprises can use to better reach consumers.
The amount of data in the world is increasing exponentially, doubling every 18 months. Here are 10 real-world Big Data deployments you may not have realized were driven by big data.
The amount of data in the world doubles every 18 months. Here's a look at eight real-world big data deployments in a variety of industries.
A day after Hewlett-Packard CEO Leo Apotheker outlined his strategic vision for HP -- a plan chock-full of new cloud offerings -- he sat down with IDG Enterprise Chief Content Officer John Gallant and InfoWorld Editor in Chief Eric Knorr to share hi...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
- Nasdaq to use blockchain to record shareholder votes
- Pwn2Own contest puts $75,000 bounty on VMware Workstation bypass
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCDesktop Applications PackagerSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (SQL/Oracle/.Net) 160129/AP/vhs-bAsia
- FTWeb Analytics Specialist - TechnicalNSW
- CCImplementation AnalystNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer 160120/AP/vvtAsia
- CCSenior Business Analyst - AdventedgeVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital -PenrithNSW
- CCService Desk ManagerVIC
- FTSystems Engineer / Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- CCSenior Information Security SpecialistNSW
- FTLead Software Developer- Complex Tax & Superannuation SolutionsNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - PEXASA
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - CanberraNSW
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical WriterNSW
- FTPrincipal Business Analyst (SQL/SAS)NSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Linux/Security/LAN) 160211/SSA/521Asia
- FTSenior Project AnalystVIC
- CCTechnical Project Manager, MigrationNSW
- CCOracle Business Analyst / TrainerSA
- CCOracle Test LeadNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer(Crystal Report/Oracle)160127/AP/vhsAsia