Owners of WeMo home automation devices should upgrade them to the latest firmware version, which was released this week to fix a critical vulnerability that could allow hackers to fully compromise them.
In yet another testament of the awful state of home router security, a group of security researchers uncovered more than 60 vulnerabilities in 22 router models from different vendors, most of which were distributed by ISPs to customers.
Cybercriminals have developed a Web-based attack tool to hijack routers on a large scale when users visit compromised websites or view malicious advertisements in their browsers.
Linksys unveils a storage companion for its WRT-series routers, and a passel of other devices at CES 2015
Belkin's Linksys division took the wraps off a host of new networking gear at CES on Sunday, including two new Wi-Fi routers, a new NAS box, two new range extenders, antenna upgrades for its existing routers, and--at long last--an open-source Wi-Fi d...
Belkin today announced that it has released more devices for its Wemo home automation system. New Smart LED Bulbs have been added that allow you to replace your existing veiling and lamp lights with new, smartphone-controllable bulbs.
Belkin said Tuesday afternoon it had fixed an issue that caused some of its Wi-Fi routers to disconnect from the Internet.
Routers appear to be as insecure as ever, after hackers successfully compromised five popular wireless models during a contest at the DefCon 22 security conference, reporting 15 new vulnerabilities to affected vendors.
The first large-scale analysis of a fundamental type of software known as firmware has revealed poor security practices that could present opportunities for hackers probing the "Internet of Things."
The security researcher who identified an admin backdoor in a range of routers last year has found that Netgear's patches don't adequately address the security issue.
Technical details about a vulnerability in Linksys routers that's being exploited by a new worm have been released Sunday along with a proof-of-concept exploit and a larger than earlier expected list of potentially vulnerable device models.
A self-replicating program is infecting Linksys routers by exploiting an authentication bypass vulnerability in various models from the vendor's E-Series product line.
If you aren't already deluged with information from your email, social media, and websites, how would you feel if your appliances and gizmos start sending you messages?
Ever wanted to control your Crock-Pot with a phone?
Our weekly iPhone-case roundup.
Belkin completed its acquisition of Linksys on Friday and will keep the longtime home networking company's brand, products and support channels.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft halts Minecraft updates for Windows 10 phones, as W10M consumer apps slowly die
- How to turn off Chrome notifications and stop websites from bugging you
- Microsoft's Cortana is headed to the Android lock screen
- Gabe Newell's Reddit Q&A: The most interesting answers on Half-Life 3, Steam support, and more
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCSenior IT Domain Specialist - Integration - CloudVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPProject Manager with a Development BackgroundQLD
- FTLevel 3 Support ConsultantNSW
- CCIT Support AnalystVIC
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- TPMS Dynamics Post Implementation BAQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & Lending - Brisbane Based RoleNSW
- FTLinux Systems EngineerQLD
- CCWebMethod DeveloperQLD
- FTLife/400 Testers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCNetwork Security Specialist - Palo Alto Firewall ExpertVIC
- FTITCM EngineerNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- TPPL/SQL DeveloperNSW
- FTSalesforce Technical Business AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- TPIDAM ArchitectVIC
- CCOracle R12 Functional ConsultantSA
- CCData Modeller and Business Analyst - Integration ProjectQLD
- PTVBA Analyst Programmer - Permanent / Part Time (3 days per week)QLD
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Test AnalystQLD