It's been over two weeks since the DNS Security Extensions (DNSSEC) system was turned on for .com domain names. This is an end stage for a process that will one day let surfers be 100 percent confident they're accessing the site they think they are, ...
BBC director general Mark Thompson has told attendees of the Financial Times Digital Media & Broadcasting Conference that the BBC's iPlayer video streaming service will be available worldwide in 2011, for a subscription fee less than US$10 per month.
The BBC iPlayer is now offering web users the chance to watch TV shows broadcast on rival channels including ITV and Five.
License payers love the BBC's iPlayer, the new version of which is formally launched today. Network admins, however, are being warned to beware of its ability to eat bandwidth at a fearsome rate.
Nearly four out of five people around the world believe that Internet access is a fundamental human right, according to a BBC World Service study released this week.
In what is a familiar response to unwelcome news, the power of social networking and online campaigning is being used in a bid to secure the future of two radio stations seemingly under threat as a result of BBC cutbacks.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 3 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 4 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
- 5 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Parrot Mambo Drone review
- Logitech K780 Wireless Keyboard review: One fantastic keyboard for your computer, phone, and tablet
- Microsoft confirms Windows 10 adoption slowdown
- Sonos comes to the Apple store, but what does that mean for Beats speakers?
- Microsoft-Nissan partnership treats cars like PCs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCWAN Architect and ConsultantWA
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- CCDesktop Infrastructure SpecialistACT
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- FTTest SpecialistSA