License payers love the BBC's iPlayer, the new version of which is formally launched today. Network admins, however, are being warned to beware of its ability to eat bandwidth at a fearsome rate.
Nearly four out of five people around the world believe that Internet access is a fundamental human right, according to a BBC World Service study released this week.
In what is a familiar response to unwelcome news, the power of social networking and online campaigning is being used in a bid to secure the future of two radio stations seemingly under threat as a result of BBC cutbacks.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Motorola Moto X (2nd Gen) review: Raising the bar
- 2 Xiaomi Mi4 review: Xiaomi's best yet
- 3 Samsung Galaxy Note Edge review: Lightly flawed, Undeniably special
- 4 Sony Xperia Z3 review: The no-frills flagship
- 5 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Privacy tsar to EC: Wrap up EU-US data exchange talks quickly or else
- Mass surveillance 'endangers fundamental human rights,' says study
- Developers begin work on LibreOffice for Android
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Tuesday, January 27
- Computer simulation eases real-world Chinese traffic jams
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.