Let's face it: batteries suck. The only reason battery life is getting better is because everything else in our devices is getting smaller. That allows manufacturers to make more room for the dang power pack without having to improve anything but the...
Cell phones are constantly transmitting radio signals, whose energy can also be used to boost the battery life of mobile devices.
To eliminate the world's dependency on fossil fuel-generated power, all you need is two billion of Tesla's new commercial-grade battery systems.
Researchers at Stanford University have developed a new battery that can be recharged in about a minute and is safer than the lithium ion cells used in everything from smartwatches to passenger jets.
A bid by Apple to settle an employee poaching lawsuit with battery maker A123 Systems appears to have been unsuccessful, with the iPhone maker now asking the court to dismiss the suit or transfer it to its home turf in California.
The claims A123 Systems made against Apple in a civil lawsuit over employee hiring are speculative and the case should be dismissed, Apple argued in a motion filed Tuesday.
If there's one thing almost every smartphone user wants, it's longer battery life.
As more sensors get added to the Internet of Things, power consumption can pose a problem, but researchers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology have come up with a way to reduce the energy that such components require.
Lithium-ion batteries are relatively safe but can still pose risks of fire or explosion. Researchers may now have solved that problem using a material commonly found in bullet proof vests.
Panasonic has vastly expanded a recall of lithium-ion batteries at risk of overheating that affects ruggedized Toughbook tablets as well as notebook computers.
Power-sipping wearable devices could become smaller with a new rechargeable battery from Panasonic.
A Japanese safety institute has released a video that serves as a graphic reminder of the danger posed by damaged Lithium Ion batteries.
New research by a California-based team could change the way lithium-ion batteries are charged in consumer electronics products and electric cars, leading to longer lifetimes and more useful batteries.
Consumer affairs groups in Japan are concerned over a rash of incidents involving smartphone chargers and cables.
Low-power wearables may soon bid adieu to batteries and start drawing energy generated by body heat and movement, and ambient energy from the environment.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- Smartwatches wear out their welcome with Motorola
- The mysteries of the GPU in Apple's iPhone 7 are unlocked
- Apple reportedly betting on drones and indoor data to make Maps better
- Apple now takes your old Apple Watch for free recycling
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Security and Risk ConsultantNSW
- CCJava Developer - Baseline Clearance requiredVIC
- TPProcurement Support AnalystNSW
- CCAngular DeveloperNSW
- TPSHAREPOINT SPECIALISTQLD
- CCProgram Business Change Director - HR PayrollNSW
- FTTechnical Service Delivery ManagerVIC
- FTProduct LeadVIC
- CCConsumer Social Specialist (Digital)VIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCIteration Manager - DigitalNSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- TPWordpress DeveloperWA
- CCService Desk ConsultantACT
- FTHead of User ResearchNSW
- FTSenior Security Advisor - CISSP - Permanent - Nth SydNSW
- CCLead Systems EngineerNSW
- CCWeb Developer - Financial MarketsNSW
- CCData Scientist (Big Data)VIC
- CCJDE ERP Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCFacilities Coordinator - Multiple RolesVIC
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementQLD
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementWA
- CCUAT TesterQLD
- CCSenior Digital DesignerVIC